What's new

My Handlebar Moustache Guide

Ah. Most women have a hard time getting past the moustache in general, I thought if she was cool enough to get past that she'd be fine with some curls :p

Ah. Most women have a hard time getting past the moustache in general, I thought if she was cool enough to get past that she'd be fine with some curls :p

She has no choice on the mustache part. lol I had it when we met, and I simply will not ever shave it off. It's been with me since I was 16 or so.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Alright I'm in. I just trimmed the stash back this morning, but I'll buy some wax and start training this thing. I feel bad subjecting my wife to all my eccentricities, but she's the one that married me so I guess it's her problem. :lol:

Bumping this, not much response for all the handlebar wearers, needs a more prominent exposure, perhaps it's own thread ?

I'm still working on growing mine enough on the ends to get a handlebar going... then I have to decide if the look works with me or not. lol

Anyone know what to do to fix a stache? Im going for a handlebar but while shaving my face I apparantly got too close on once side so one side of my stache is a bit thinner/ shorter than the other and its noticeable. do I just leave it alone or try to make it like the other side?

strop

Now half as wise
Unfortunately, there's really not much you can do. The shorter side will eventually grow in and when it's long enough will be at least close to the other side. It may take months/a year though. Depending on how bad it looks, you'll have to decide whether to trim them to match or not.

My stache that I had briefly when shaving off last winter's beard (about 8 weeks or so). I didn't have any wax handy....

My kids thought it was a riot.

Attachments

• $stash.jpg
    $stash.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
I've generally always kept a beard. I'm getting married in a few weeks and, amazingly, got the go ahead to grow a handlebar after the wedding. I had planned on keeping my beard, letting it grow out and when the time has come shave it off and keep the moustache area which should be long enough to start a respectable handlebar. Thoughts?

Commander Quan

Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea.

I'm about a month into growing mine out from trimmed at my lip line. My hair has a natural part in the middle, and at this point those hairs are halfway to the corners of my mouth. Another 2 months and it should actually look like something.

Commander Quan

^ 9 days latter I've conceded, and trimmed the stash back. While it wasn't as uncomfortable as it was initially, things like blowing my nose, and getting crap in it while I ate just pushed me over the edge.

strop

Now half as wise
^ 9 days latter I've conceded, and trimmed the stash back. While it wasn't as uncomfortable as it was initially, things like blowing my nose, and getting crap in it while I ate just pushed me over the edge.

:sad: Sorry. It really is a difficult stage to have to deal with.

One cannot achieve handlebar greatness without transcending this period of moustache hell. It's why so few people have them :p

Top Bottom