What's new

Thater Brush Came In Today

Based on some really good comments here at the B&B I ordered a Thater 4376/3 this past weekend and it came in today.

After I took this picture I did a test lather with some plain old VDH luxury soap. I'd always used the boar brush that came with the soap and never really had too many complaints with it but WOW! I've never generated this sort of lather with this soap. I am now truly convinced that the quality of the brush effects the lather! I can't wait to try it with some English creams and some of my tins of Mike's soaps. I REALLY can't wait to see what it feels like on my face!
$Thater4376-3Brush.jpg

Looks great....you know I'm a fan! Yours has a different font for the logo than mine. Looks classy. Enjoy it!

Shaved with it this morning. Man, you guys weren't kidding about the feel of the bristles on the face. Wonderful brush.

Really like that plexi handle. This would be an awfully nice addition to the Thater 2-band. For all those times you want total decadence from your shave.

Some shavers find that a Thater doesn't quite touch their sweet spot, but nearly everyone agrees that it is a superb, well-crafted predictable brush.

Enjoy!

I have two Thater brushes, both two bands and love them both. Had the first for four years now and it has not shed one hair. The other is only three years old but it too has never shed a hair.

Thanks. So they do scale the 4376 handles a little bit based on the size of the knots. The 4376/4 has a 49/34 handler. This is typical so no surprise here...
I get the feeling that this company leaves nothing to chance and makes sure that everything on each model is "just right."

I love this brush. Have you discovered that its characteristics have altered your lathering just a bit? I've noticed these past couple of days that perhaps I am using a bit too much water. I have been lathering the same however my suspicion is that the quality of the badger hair is retaining a tad more water than my older brushes.

Thoughts?

I get the feeling that this company leaves nothing to chance and makes sure that everything on each model is "just right."

This is a very small operation that have been making knots by hand for many many years. As with anything hand made, there can be irregularities from time to time. But their reputation for quality is impeccable. I own two and have used two others and can't remember more than 1 or 2 hairs shed in total. On the 2-band, the dark band is the darkest I've ever seen, and the tips are the whitest I've ever seen. The tips on both the 2-bands and 3-bands curl immediately after usage to form "gel tips", and are the softest I've felt. They are truly extraordinary knots.

Top Bottom