What's new

Just got a Jemico, what do you think of it?

Hi
I was waiting to buy a TM strop in a few weeks and yesterday (my birthday) a friend gave me a 23"x2" Jemico "Russia" made in Germany strop.:001_smile
It got canvas on one side and beautiful brown/reddish leather on the other.
It as an leather handle.

He also gave me a bottle of Fromm #364 Strop Dressing:001_smile. How much of this dressing should I put on and how often.

How does this strop comparable to TM strop's?? (I know TM are tops).

Thanks

Jacques
Quebec, Canada

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Jaques,
I had one of those myself and liked it very much. I never dressed mine but simply used it plain. Jemico and Dovo both buff the surface of their leather to achieve a little more draw. My only beef with the Jemico was that is cupped within days due to humidity. Maybe the dressing would prevent some of that?

Tony

Thanks Mr Miller.
Honest input form a guy how knows ihis stuff.
Still a TM strop is not out of the picture, just saving up for a top of the line one.

Jacques

to jacques13:

i've had two jemico's, both of the type you describe. the last one i've been using for around five years. the only comment i can make is that i never had a lot of joy with the linen side, and just recently applied some of the dovo paste for the canvas,linen. i'm still undecided on the results.

on the russian leather side, i just rub it several times with the ball of my hand before i strop. this serves both to conditioner the leather with the oil that rubs of my hand, and also to warm it and make the leather more supple.

Top Bottom