What's new

Gillette Fatboy Cleanup|Before and after w/commentary

Ok Capn' The Katrina Razor is on it's way!

The Post Office made me present my HAZMAT license before they accepted it.

J/K

Skeez

Last edited:
Can't wait for the Katrina Razor to star in the upcoming video. :w00t:

+1 This one will be a challenge for sure.

CAP, just letting you know that my Fatboy arrived today, and the pics do not do it justice! I'm getting ready to try it out, and will report back. Thanks again Sir!:001_smile

...CAP, just letting you know that my Fatboy arrived today, and the pics do not do it justice! I'm getting ready to try it out, and will report back. Thanks again Sir!:001_smile

Aye, glad it made it! If you would like, post a picture or two of it amongst your collection of shaving stuff, you know, for contrast[emoji106] you're welcome!

*UPDATE*

Well gents, I was up late last night doing the disassembly video on Lothar101's razor. I left this morning and the video was still processing so it should be done sometime tonight.

Here is Lothar101's razor disassembled and cleaned with the ultrasonic bath. It wasn't very dirty on the inside, just a little soap scum (it can be seen in the video)

$uploadfromtaptalk1406583280244.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1406583287677.jpg

Next up is a light polish, repaint, and then assembly.[emoji108]

Here ya go CAP. Pictured with the Fatboy are some of my favorites; 48 SS, 64 SS, and a 57 Red Tip. My first shave with the fixed Fatboy was tonight, and it went rally well, with no irritation like I had before. I initially set it to 4, then switched to 5 for the second pass/cleanup, but I think I'll jump right to 6 for tomorrow and see what happens. The blade I used was a Merkur, as these still seem to work the best for me.

I can already tell it will look much better than before. Eagerly awaiting the video :o16: Thank You so much Captain !
You are welcome sir! I fixed the sticking door problem, it was not the safety bar as deduced in your initial problem thread but the actual door assembly. It works great now[emoji106]

Great video Captain, thanks for making it.

Looking forward to seeing how you re-crimp the cap.

The one I did on my Slim looks pretty ugly after I was done with it.

Top Bottom