What's new

Gillette Fatboy Cleanup|Before and after w/commentary

Here's another fatboy that came in for a resto:

Before:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988072.119467.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988072.119467.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988072.119467.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988107.282880.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988115.575583.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424988123.616657.jpg

I have 2 Fatboys. The one on the left is a stock E4. The one on the right is a rhodium replated E3. (Done by Razor Emporium before I'd ever heard of Chris). I can't recommend Razor Emporium, but it has nothing to do with their quality of work.

I can't tell the difference in my hand. I've never shaved with the stock one, so I can't comment on how it feels on the skin. When I bought the stock one, I was told it had never been used, but who knows. I do occasionally use the replate, though. It's a fine shaver.

I couldn't help using the green microfiber rag in honor of the Captain.

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg$5.jpg

Thanks for the pics, 120inna55. Other then the color difference, it would be difficult to spot the replate. It seems to have the same sharpness and contours as the original. Interesting that they feel the same in hand. I would have expected the rhodium one to feel a little smoother/slicker. You are a lucky man, those are two beautiful Fatboys.

Thanks for the pics, 120inna55. Other then the color difference, it would be difficult to spot the replate. It seems to have the same sharpness and contours as the original. Interesting that they feel the same in hand. I would have expected the rhodium one to feel a little smoother/slicker. You are a lucky man, those are two beautiful Fatboys.

+1, I really like that green cloth, too:smile:

The mail man just dropped it off. It looks outstanding. I can`t wait to give it a try tomorrow morning. I am as happy as a kid on Christmas morning. Now I officially own two working fatboy`s and these are the only two razors I plan on owning. I should be set for life now. thank You Captain . Your a great asset to this community .

Glad it made it, Sir. I understand that the winter storms are causing delays so those of you gentlemen with inbound packages from me, sit tight[emoji106]

Enjoy these fine razors, they should last a very long time. Thank you for your kind words and you are most welcome!

I'm anxious to see mine here. It has a dropped knob, so that's getting fixed and of course cleaned and polished:001_smile
This one is going to my son as a "getting out of the Army" gift, but he doesn't know it...

I just returned from 2 weeks in Florida and picked up my mail from the Post Office. I knew that my repaired and replated Fat Boy would be waiting for me. I had dropped it about 6 months ago, and one of the doors was not opening and closing properly, so the blade was not being held in place. After joining B & B, I contacted Cap Murphy and Chris, who kindly took the time to explain how the process worked, etc. Long story short, I sent Cap the Fat Boy, and he did his usual cleaning and repair before sending it on to Chris for re-plating. The whole process took about 5 weeks, and the results are STRIKING. The razor looks and performs like new! I have shaved with it twice now, and couldn't be happier!!

Thank you Cap and Chris for your professionalism and for restoring this razor, which I have owned since college many years ago. I also have a Slim Adjustable that I may send you for the same treatment at some point in the future. You are both assets to this great forum.

RB3812
Ron from Ohio

I just returned from 2 weeks in Florida and picked up my mail from the Post Office. I knew that my repaired and replated Fat Boy would be waiting for me. I had dropped it about 6 months ago, and one of the doors was not opening and closing properly, so the blade was not being held in place. After joining B & B, I contacted Cap Murphy and Chris, who kindly took the time to explain how the process worked, etc. Long story short, I sent Cap the Fat Boy, and he did his usual cleaning and repair before sending it on to Chris for re-plating. The whole process took about 5 weeks, and the results are STRIKING. The razor looks and performs like new! I have shaved with it twice now, and couldn't be happier!!

Thank you Cap and Chris for your professionalism and for restoring this razor, which I have owned since college many years ago. I also have a Slim Adjustable that I may send you for the same treatment at some point in the future. You are both assets to this great forum.

RB3812
Ron from Ohio

Thank you for the kind comments and update, Ron:thumbup: Glad to hear that you have been reunited with an old friend! When the time comes for the slim, I am sure that we will be ready to assist you! Also, I think I speak for Chris as well when I say that these comments and feedback on our work really means a lot and sure helps us out with these restorations. We certainly would not be able to do what we do if it weren't for you fine gentlemen:biggrin: Thanks again, Ron. Enjoy!:whistling:

Thank you for the kind comments and update, Ron:thumbup: Glad to hear that you have been reunited with an old friend! When the time comes for the slim, I am sure that we will be ready to assist you! Also, I think I speak for Chris as well when I say that these comments and feedback on our work really means a lot and sure helps us out with these restorations. We certainly would not be able to do what we do if it weren't for you fine gentlemen:biggrin: Thanks again, Ron. Enjoy!:whistling:

My sentiments, exactly!

Top Bottom