What's new

Gillette Fatboy Cleanup|Before and after w/commentary

Almost like that citrus and black pepper shave soap you sent me[emoji3]
Yes, that one came to mind as I read about your business idea! :thumbup:
But I guess smoked black pepper would add a new dimension still. And how about a smoked tabasco / black pepper combo? :w00t:

You could even make a whole series of soap: Pepper symphony; Jalapeño; Habanero & cayenne; Piri piri & smoked paprika; Italian sweet pepper; and the wake-up call "Red devil chili" :scared:

Err... Or maybe I would be the only buyer of that line-up. Stick to your smoked black pepper, Cap!

Cap, on Zed117's fatty, what is a "custom blade gap"? 10?, .5? 25?
Zed's fatboy is roughly .007 higher than the standard fatboy. So seven thousandths more:biggrin: I am not sure what the "standard" thickness is for a DE blade (something like 4 thousandths?) but it's almost equivalent to the thickness of a blade plus a click on the ol' adjuster knob:smile:

Last edited:
Yes, that one came to mind as I read about your business idea! :thumbup:
But I guess smoked black pepper would add a new dimension still. And how about a smoked tabasco / black pepper combo? :w00t:

You could even make a whole series of soap: Pepper symphony; Jalapeño; Habanero & cayenne; Piri piri & smoked paprika; Italian sweet pepper; and the wake-up call "Red devil chili" :scared:

Err... Or maybe I would be the only buyer of that line-up. Stick to your smoked black pepper, Cap!

I wouldn't bet on that!
I got caught trying to lather a mixture of seasonings and spices this morning:blush: Needless to say, black pepper does NOT lather well:lol:

Haven't had too many Fatboys lately:wink: here's one I just finished:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422990598.965522.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422990612.082276.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422990630.361346.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422990643.919565.jpg
Disassembly:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422990661.713208.jpg

Received my F2 Fatboy yesterday from CAP and it's great!!! The doors open with ease! Nice and smooth!! They would hang, click and abruptly open. The safety bar was bent from what CAP said. Also, touched up the accent pieces and polished her up. The razor means a lot because it was my Dads. So, thanks agian CAP!!!

Received my F2 Fatboy yesterday from CAP and it's great!!! The doors open with ease! Nice and smooth!! They would hang, click and abruptly open. The safety bar was bent from what CAP said. Also, touched up the accent pieces and polished her up. The razor means a lot because it was my Dads. So, thanks again CAP!!!
Family heirlooms are among my favorite to work on. When I am restoring them, I feel as though I am restoring much more than nickel plated brass. I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction, Sir. Dad would certainly be proud! Enjoy that razor, it will last for a lifetime.

Top Bottom