What's new

My Shave Videos

WOW....what a collection!! Thanks for posting all of these in one location. Now I can drool over my keyboard for the next while...

I like your taste in razors. :thumbup1:

But that second Max Sprecher razor...yikes! I can almost get a nick just by looking at it.

Last edited:
Really cool videos. Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you sir!

Love the custom leather storage.

Thanks. i came up with the holster idea and make a drawing then contacted my local sadelmaker and she did a great job on it. its gonna look so good when it been sitting around for a while getting some age.

You keep this up and you'd better bring a mop in to clean up all the drool.
Nice collection.

Thank you!
as long as you dont drool on the razors we are all good :D

WOW....what a collection!! Thanks for posting all of these in one location. Now I can drool over my keyboard for the next while...

I like your taste in razors. :thumbup1:

But that second Max Sprecher razor...yikes! I can almost get a nick just by looking at it.

Thanks. Yeah the point on the Maxi piece is a real attention Wh*re :p

That's an insane collection of razors!!! I really like the leather razor storage. Thanks for sharing the videos and it's nice to see you shaving with all the different straights. Do you do any restoration work or honing yourself?

That's an insane collection of razors!!! I really like the leather razor storage. Thanks for sharing the videos and it's nice to see you shaving with all the different straights. Do you do any restoration work or honing yourself?

Thank you. yeah thats some of my shavers. I plan to make more videos on the others when i have time to. And like you said, i try to use diffrent styles alot to give an idea of how thay shave.
I restore most of my razors. and hone them aswell.
I have a honing video. on the japanese Towa razor that i shave with. showing the bevel at 200x mag after every step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing collection, videos and love the leather storage holster as well. Great honing video too. Well done. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
Mr Magnus you are the real deal. Thanks for sharing your bountiful skills with your fellow B&B members. You make shaving with a straight razor look as easy as shaving with a gillette flex ball. If you decide to start selling custom made brushes please keep me in your contact list.

Last edited:
Mr Magnus you are the real deal. Thanks for sharing your bountiful skills with your fellow B&B members. You make shaving with a straight razor look as easy as shaving with a gillette flex ball. If you decide to start selling custom made brushes please keep me in your contact list.

Cheers mate. i dont know about that but with right prep and a well honed razor it is easy.
I will keep you in mind if i decide to become a brush vendor or if i ever sell any of them.

Kudos for the videos and to reiterate what everyone has stated. You have a very fine and diverse collection of both razors and brushes. Quite good taste in all of the products used. There is yet one thing that I'm surprised hasn't been asked...

What's your favorite setup? Razor; Brush; Soap? If you indeed have one.

Thanks again for sharing. I would love to get your music collection as some of them are some of my favorites.

Cheers!

Kudos for the videos and to reiterate what everyone has stated. You have a very fine and diverse collection of both razors and brushes. Quite good taste in all of the products used. There is yet one thing that I'm surprised hasn't been asked...

What's your favorite setup? Razor; Brush; Soap? If you indeed have one.

Thanks again for sharing. I would love to get your music collection as some of them are some of my favorites.

Cheers!

Thanks Smith. well i dont have a favorit razor, i just love all of them in diffrent ways. Brushes i must say is hard to pick aswell. around 24-26mm knot and a loft around 48-50mm mounted, quality silvertip And a tall handle.
Soaps, Razorock,Penhaligons Enymion,La Toja and Dr.Harris Windsor to name a few on the top.

Thank you for your response. I figured your answer would go that way. I have found C&S 88 to be a really great soap as well that seems to ride under the radar, especially with the recent rise in artisan soaps.

I have 3 straights that were fixed up by Alfredo and have been learning on an Ern. You seemed to really like the edge that was put on your Ern, but felt that it needed stropping mid way through the shave. I was curious if you had any follow up on that razor as I was hoping for ?something? after the statements in the video seemed to swing from wow, to needs a strop, to wow.

Thanks again for sharing your passion with fellow members.

Oh... And if I may ask one more question.... What is on your "must buy/try list" as you seem to have an arsenal of heavy hitters?

Ok i might need to pick C&S 88 to test since its a soap i have not tried.

The Ern i had was honed by a guy in Greece on coticule. Amazing shave the first cpl strokes, Halfway into the shave i started to feel that the razors edge got more and more dull. I ended up selling it. Was not happy with the edge retention on that razor, might have been a heatteatment problem or just that the steel was not able to hold this type on edge. Once in a while i come across razors like that. However Ern is a great razor brand from solingen and i would pick up another if i found the right one.

On my list now is nothing razor related. Im working with two smiths for custom kitchen knives at the moment and that is where my money is headed :) David Broadwell is one of them and i have been in a paid backlog list for over 2 years, and just now got a mail telling me its my turn.

Thank you for your response. I figured your answer would go that way. I have found C&S 88 to be a really great soap as well that seems to ride under the radar, especially with the recent rise in artisan soaps.

I have 3 straights that were fixed up by Alfredo and have been learning on an Ern. You seemed to really like the edge that was put on your Ern, but felt that it needed stropping mid way through the shave. I was curious if you had any follow up on that razor as I was hoping for ?something? after the statements in the video seemed to swing from wow, to needs a strop, to wow.

Thanks again for sharing your passion with fellow members.

Oh... And if I may ask one more question.... What is on your "must buy/try list" as you seem to have an arsenal of heavy hitters?

Thank you for taking time to satisfy my curiosities. I found your website str8shave and by the looks of it you may need to enlarge your display cabinet to hold the new knives. I will continue to visit your site often for good doses of eye candy.

Thanks again for sharing.

God bless

Top Bottom