What's new

New Custom

Let me start off by saying I'm a big guy. 6'5" and 280 pounds big. I have hands to match, and using a chubby is like teaching an ape to knit. I did notice however that my travel brush was pretty comfortable, as it has a long handle that holds the knot when not in use. So.....this is my new brush. The cherry is a remnant from the cabinetry and sliding barn door to my bath, finished in a hand rubbed saturating oil. The knot is equally robust. It's a 32mm extra dense Silvertip from WSP. Total loft for the unfinished knot was 70mm, and it is set 17mm into the handle for a finished loft of 53mm. And yeah, it's a big one. :001_rolle

proxy.php

Last edited:
That looks great and should produce a bucket-o-suds for your big mug. Love the handle design. It has an old-timey barber shop look.

Thanks for the compliments. I decided to give the marine epoxy a couple extra days to cure, so tomorrow's shave will be the first use. I'll post how it does.

Wow.....first time I've made lather with a brush this size. I like it.....a lot. Working on another in black walnut now.

Top Bottom