What's new

tank top undershirt?

Looking for new tank top undershirts and have no idea what are the good brand names. Last were fruit of the loom and they shrank till they were too short to tuck in properly. I have been wearing Calvin Klein v neck tees but with summer here I would like to move to something lighter.
Thanks in advance.
Johnny

Hanes is ok. The tank top undershirts are definitely cooler during the summer, especially in really high heat and humid conditions.

I like Nautica primarily because they're longer than Hilfiger, Lauren and Klein and are a better fit for me.

So what I am picking up here is just head over to Wal-Mart and grab a pack of Hanes? Fair enough. Cheap and readily available. Thank you all for your input. Keep posting if anyone else has an opinion and thanks to all that have already shared.
Johnny

Depends how much you want to spend.

Uniqlo usually has great prices on undershirts when they are on sale and they are typically longer and a bit tighter fitting than your average undershirt. Good buy imho.

I don't know if its still the same way but i noticed a few years ago Hanes put a happy face on the tag of their wife beaters. That was the only article that had the happy face. I think it was a subliminal message, true happiness can only be achieved by sorting with like colors and using non chlorine bleach when necessary.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of tank top undershirts? Since they do not cover your underarms, they offer little protection against sweating through a dress shirt, which I always thought was an undershirt's primary purpose.

$09marlon3.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of tank top undershirts? Since they do not cover your underarms, they offer little protection against sweating through a dress shirt, which I always thought was an undershirt's primary purpose.

I feel the same way.

Also, I forgot to mention to check out undershirtguy.com for undershirt reviews.

To answer your question, you sweat threw areas of your body other than your pits. Also if you tank top is fitted properly it will cover some of that as well. It just doesn’t cover as much as a tee shirt so it is a little cooler.
Also it helps keep your dress shirt tucked in properly.
Johnny

You live in the south, Tank tops (or wife beaters as they like to be called) is not undershirts its formal wear!

I work in an oil refinery, and my work uniforms are kind of scratchy on bare skin. Wearing a sleeved undershirt during summer makes unGodly heat even worse. The tank top undershirts also seem to wick moisture away from the skin better than sleeved undershirts, as well.

I wear undershirts not tank tops. The whole idea to me is to keep the sweat rings off my dress shirt. Th tank top undershirt would serve no purpose.

To answer your question, you sweat threw areas of your body other than your pits. Also if you tank top is fitted properly it will cover some of that as well. It just doesn’t cover as much as a tee shirt so it is a little cooler.
Also it helps keep your dress shirt tucked in properly.
Johnny

I work in an oil refinery, and my work uniforms are kind of scratchy on bare skin. Wearing a sleeved undershirt during summer makes unGodly heat even worse. The tank top undershirts also seem to wick moisture away from the skin better than sleeved undershirts, as well.

Thank you for answering my question.

Top Bottom