What's new

Aaaaarrrrgggg

It always happens when I have a lot of work to do.

The iris control mech on my 55 macro (Nikkor 2.8 AI-S) Lens fell apart during a shoot....

Would only shoot wide open (2.8) and I needed f-22.... can we say $%!+..... $pulling-hair.gif

Had to make more room in the studio to get the big Cambos camera stand back enough to continue shooting with my 105 macro...

Never fails. Busy. Sunday. BAM....

Luckily I have a very good camera repair shop in town so I can take it in tomorrow but that does little good to my weekend schedule which was crammed full... gees.... Gonna be a long night ahead.....

proxy.php

Murphy strikes again!!!

I even thumped on it a few times and I rarely knock my glass around....

Didn't do any good (didn't do any harm either)

The actuator lever (the thingie that closes and opens the iris) is free wheeling (no spring tension and no movement of the iris) so it will need to come apart <sigh>

Just finished Photoshopping and uploading the last batch... Too late to finish so I am off for a scotch... a WELL DESERVED SCOTCH I might add :yesnod:

Bummer, that's a good lens. I've been there, in the middle of a shoot and a lens goes kaput. But this is usually how the rest of my day goes...

proxy.php

-X

That is a hardcore camera support for an slr! We used to use those for our 10x8's!

I've had it for decades and originally I used it with my 4x5 and 8x10 but it works just as nicely with a SLR (film or digital). I've gotten so used to it that I could not imagine working without it now. Rock solid platform to shoot anything from.

That was an old photo with my F2 film body on it (notice the film pack end in the back of the camera) and the robins egg blue Broncolor 404 generators. Here is the complete family portrait of the first strobe generators I owned. Those old Broncolors have all gone to new homes now.

proxy.php

Top Bottom