Neiman Marcus - Khiels
L'occitane
Crabtree & Evelyn
Caswell & Massey
Bath & Body works - Proraso (for CO Bigelow) :thumbup:

Elsewhere in Charlotte
GNC - Thayers Witch hazel Lavender
Earth Fare - KMF and Toms of Maine shaving creams
Esquire Big and Tall (Corner of Central ave and Eastway) - Believe it or not they keep a small stock of Truefitt & Hill 1805 shaving cream and some of their EDT's

Update - Caswell & Massey (south park mall is the one I went to) had most of the Musgo Real products including the shaving cream, after shave and balm :thumbup:
They also had Lucky Tiger after shave and T&H edt's.

Got my Super Speed in Fort Mill. There is a neato knife store and a couple of good antique stores on the main drag. They seem to get most of their stuff from estate auctions so there is a good bit of random hygiene/grooming/personal effects items to be found there. Other than that, the "metrolina" area seems a bit under served. Then again, I don't tend to frequent the nicer parts of town, so there may be some super exclusive shaving uber den...I would love to find it.

Fairly new member from the University City area as well. I noticed the 49ers logo as your avatar. I work there. Small world!

I've been exploring stores in the area - mostly on my own. I think Akoni listed all of them that I'm aware of, except Esquire Big and Tall. I'll have to check that one out!

--Bob

I am at student at UNCC :)

For you guys in the Charlotte area - Caswell Massey has a 25-50% sale going on now on just about everything. I'm don't really care for the Caswell Massey shave products but they have some good Claus Porto soaps and Musgo real products and some nice shave stands. I was able to get some Musgo AS (good stuff) for about $24 after tx. Not too bad if you just want to go to a B&M and pick it up. Most prices online are comparable when you add the shipping. The South park mall location did not have the shave cream. The sales lady said that someone came in and bought up there whole stock. They have ordered some but are not sure when it will come in.

Home Economist has a pretty good selection of creams, soaps, and aftershaves (every Thayers made I am pretty sure). Also Sally's Beauty Supply has Master Bay Rum (not sure what else).

I've got an Amazon Prime account though which is where I get most of my stuff... free 2 day shipping on the majority of products. It's worth the $80/year and you can add 5 people to the prime account or just share your password.

Also, Nordstrom's at SouthPark mall has Jack Black products. I bought some of the shaving cream and I've found it to be pretty good.

Mmm, can't say that I do. The only thing I really remember about Tryon St. is the traffic, getting lost, taking the freeway, getting lost again...

There might be something in the Bank of America Plaza and I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some kind of exclusive men's salon that sold shaving and skincare goods downtown.

Latta Arcade(near the BOA Plaza) is bound to have some sort of haberdashery. They have one of the few remaining barber shops in town that still offers shoe shines while you get a shave and a cut.

Got my Super Speed in Fort Mill. There is a neato knife store and a couple of good antique stores on the main drag. They seem to get most of their stuff from estate auctions so there is a good bit of random hygiene/grooming/personal effects items to be found there. Other than that, the "metrolina" area seems a bit under served. Then again, I don't tend to frequent the nicer parts of town, so there may be some super exclusive shaving uber den...I would love to find it.

The only problem with those particular antique stores is that they never seem to be open. I've been by at 3PM and Noon and 10 AM (used to work down the street) and the "out to lunch sign seems to always be in the window. Looking through the glass, however, it looks like they have some really cool stuff in there though. Shaving related and for my other vintage obsessions(Fountain Pens, Zippos, etc.)

My first post as I have new discovered the art of DE shaving.

I am from the charlotte area. Can anyone confirm if the Crabtree & Evelyn at either mall, Northlake or Southpark, have any remaining BBBs for sale?

I just got one from the southpark location about 2 weeks ago. They don't have any on the display shelf but if you ask for the best badger for 35 dollars they should be able to find it in the cabinets down below. I think if you search in one of these forums you will find the exact model number for the C&EBBB. BTW I am really happy with the brush. I hope you can get one if you can.

awesome, thanks! I'll call Northlake and Southpark tomorrow to check. Did you happen to see if they had their Nomad Soap w/ Bowl while you were there? I imagine it's more readily available than the BBB would be!

Can't wait

awesome, thanks! I'll call Northlake and Southpark tomorrow to check. Did you happen to see if they had their Nomad Soap w/ Bowl while you were there? I imagine it's more readily available than the BBB would be!

Can't wait

I don't remember if they had any in the bowl. I believe they did have the refills. IMHO I don't think price is worth the soap w/ bowl. But the nomad soap is pretty good.

Hey all

I am new here, only third post and I haven't even received my first DE razor I ordered online yet.

but, I found out there is a Crabtree and Evelyn in Hickory behind the Valley Hills Mall. Would have never noticed before I started looking into wet shaving again.

Haven't been in it yet though.

Jim

Good information! Second post as well and already finding great information. I moved to Charlotte (University Area around Harrisburg) in August so, I will be searching as well. They have an Antique store in Monroe that I wanted to check out but, if there was something around University City Blvd, that would be even better.

You're talking about the downtown convention center right? That's a couple blocks away from the Craft and Design museum? My mind's blanking on any actual malls that could be close to there. There are a ton of shops and plazas up and down Trade Street and downtown in general.

I really do think your best bet would be to go to Eastland mall and possibly swing by Penguin's for supper on your way to a concert.
Eastland Mall has closed. The Penguins a must! :w00t:Try the Big Block Burger or the Winky-Dinky Dog (hot dog w/ Chili and Pimento cheese.) Sweet potato fries are a must.:thumbup:

Looks like AOS is coming to Charlotte:

http://www.theartofshaving.com/locations

I think they will be at SouthPark where Caswell Massey use to be. CM just closed up shop this past weekend. Too bad :sad:. Although there shave products were less then stellar they did carry a good amount of the Musgo line, the Lucky Tiger line, T&H edt's, Claus Porto bath soaps, and their own line of bathsoaps which are pretty good as well. On top of that you could not beat the great customer service from the sales staff. I don't know if AOS will be able to out perform CM in this department.

Still it will be interesting to have them around.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I wonder how many of these are still around? :/ I'm looking for some locations....

Top Bottom