What's new

San Francisco Giants

Well, another loss for the giants today. Can you believe that they were so hot in April and May and now they can't win hardly more than one or two games a week. I've seen teams go in the tank but this is terrible. I guess I can only hope after the All-Star break they can get it together. Pretty good pitching but no run support.

They were playing over their heads early - getting 2 out RBI hits like it was nothing, leading league in home runs, getting every break.
They were on pace to be 45 - 50 games over .500. Clearly they are not that dominant. There has been a bit of a regression to the mean.
They are not as bad as they have been in June either. The starters have come around, the bullpen is settling down but their offense is still slumping a bit. Remember they don't have their lead-off hitter (for several weeks), 2 hole hitter (whole year) and a big middle of the order bat (for most of the year). The offense will pick up again - won't lead the league in home runs. But if Pagan comes back and either Scutaro or Panik can hold down the 2 spot then Pence can go back to the middle of the order where he belongs. That will stretch the whole line-up.

Btw, how awesome is Pence? He made the all star team basically hitting 2nd (and a bit of lead-off now) for the entire year. Not many teams have a 6'4" dude who averages 25 HRs, 90 RBI hitting lead off. He has saved them big time. If he didn't have the ability to hit at the top of the line-up, they would be in even worse shape.

They should put Bumgarner in the middle of the lineup. He has 2 grand slams while only playing 1 out of every 5 games. Imagine if he played everyday :wink:

As long as they stay close, they will be alright. The Dodgers have their flaws as well. Plus the hot start put them in good position for the wildcard if they can't win the division. They won the World Series in 2010 only after they won division/made playoffs on the last day of the year. Just get in....

Last edited:
My Blow Jays were doing so well in April, May, June...then the hockey playoffs ended and Canada's attention turned to the first-place Jays.
Just in time for them to fold up like a cheap suit.

Top Bottom