What's new

Star Shaing Co Strops

I don't have any experience with the ovb, but I have the 3" big daddy and have been really happy with it.

I just received my delivery of a Big Daddy 3" English Bridle yesterday and am very happy with it. I shopped around a lot and for the price it is outstanding value. Can't report on usage or durability yet but am looking forward to putting it through it's paces. It arrived within a week of ordering.

I have the 2.5" Big Mama strop. It's been good to me, though I don't use the wool strop anymore. Just the leather.

I've had a big daddy for about 4 years now and I really like it. The felt second strop is great prior to the leather before the shave and after the shave to clean the edge.

This is great, I've been looking at star shaving strops myself but was unsure of the quality because of the price. I'd really like to get a 3" EB but most likely settle for black latigo. Would definitely love to hear some more feedback on both of these strops.

I saw this thread a couple of days ago. I'm glad I did. I've been looking to upgrade my strop, just ordered a big daddy in English Bridle.

Hi,

I'm used both their bench strop and legato leather hanging strop. They are a very good value and work well.

- Mike

I'm new here and looking at these OVBs as well. Can anyone comment on the differences/advantages/disadvantages of a felt backing versus canvas or linen?

Top Bottom