What's new

Valobra from Italy, WOW!

There is more than one person on B&B that believes that this is a well done copy and not authentic NOS AOS soap. But if you're happy with it and its performance, that is all that matters.
Has there been a thread discussing this with any real information?

I have wondered about this quite a bit. I didn't think it was likely given the fact that it's triple-milled.

If it is counterfeit they did an amazing job. It lathers, performs and smells as good as my in the bowl AOS soap (purchased from Amazon before they were discontinued). At the price they are selling for it gets my full endorsement, authentic or not!

+1

If it is counterfeit they did an amazing job. It lathers, performs and smells as good as my in the bowl AOS soap (purchased from Amazon before they were discontinued). At the price they are selling for it gets my full endorsement, authentic or not!

Has there been a thread discussing this with any real information? I have wondered about this quite a bit. I didn't think it was likely given the fact that it's triple-milled.

Agree, triple milled soap is not something that I understand is easy to fake, let alone match in performance too. Who knows where these surfaced from but I guess, if it works, it works.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...dalwood-and-Unscented-(3-pack-for-36-shipped)

For $12 a puck shipped, authentic or a clone, it could be made with baby seal fat instead of tallow, and I'd still not give a darn! DR Harris is about $18+shipping per puck in the US for 100g. There are four AOS tallow in my closet right now.

Last edited:
For $12 a puck shipped, authentic or a clone, it could be made with baby seal fat instead of tallow, and I'd still not give a darn! DR Harris is about $18+shipping per puck in the US for 100g. There are four AOS tallow in my closet right now.

Actually, you can pick up 3 pucks of DRH for a total of 29.12€, or about $33US, shipping inc. from TVBshaving.

Agree, triple milled soap is not something that I understand is easy to fake, let alone match in performance too. Who knows where these surfaced from but I guess, if it works, it works.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...dalwood-and-Unscented-(3-pack-for-36-shipped)
I've seen that post. Reading it again I don't see anyone actually claiming that they are fakes, just not really sure if they were authentic.

Who are the multiple people that believe these to be fakes? I'm honestly interested and not trying to be combative.

Actually, you can pick up 3 pucks of DRH for a total of 29.12€, or about $33US, shipping inc. from TVBshaving.
I will file that tidbit away, thanks. Cheaper than from the source! I went to the Harris shop and paid £10.

I don't see anyone actually claiming that they are fakes, just not really sure if they were authentic.

Well, lets not play semantics. There is still a difference between recreating a discontinued product line based on original specifications and formulations, verses the notion that there is a secret warehouse size stash of original NOS AOS soap. Judge for yourselves, which it is.

If someone is going to put the time and effort into creating an exact replica, I sure wish they would clone Sir Irisch Moos. If they nailed the scent and performance exactly they would have a lifetime customer.

I don't really care if these pucks are original, made after the factory closed by elves, or counterfeited by a genius mad soap scientist.
I bought one to test, and it was great.
Then I bought 3 more.
Then I worried I didn't have enough and bought 3 more.
I'm still worried that in 10 years I'll be sorry I didn't pick up more.

This stuff is too good, do yourself a favor and get it now!!!!
Please buy it up so I don't get 50 pucks!!!

If someone is going to put the time and effort into creating an exact replica, I sure wish they would clone Sir Irisch Moos. If they nailed the scent and performance exactly they would have a lifetime customer.

+1. Particularly the performance.

AOS NOS.
Ok, so I shaved with this soap again this morning.
It lathers easy and has cushion and slickness.
This is as good as any soap I have.
If you like sandalwood you shouldn't let it pass.

I don't really care if these pucks are original, made after the factory closed by elves, or counterfeited by a genius mad soap scientist.
I bought one to test, and it was great.
Then I bought 3 more.
Then I worried I didn't have enough and bought 3 more.
I'm still worried that in 10 years I'll be sorry I didn't pick up more.

This stuff is too good, do yourself a favor and get it now!!!!
Please buy it up so I don't get 50 pucks!!!
I'm up for to 4 and haven't even opened one yet. I am planning on using it in the fall to determine if I need more!

Top Bottom