What's new

First Set of Homemade Scales, out of plumbing pipe?

Awesome idea! Now no one can complain about having a hard time finding decent material for a set of scales!

AND the cream color is perfect!

Wow! Just...wow! I was struggling yesterday evening trying to find material to make some scales. Ended up with wood and then failed miserably. I'm now officially inspired by your work and I'm off to the hardware store the first chance I get. I'm sure I'll fail miserably once again but I'll perservere. Great job.

Wow! Just...wow! I was struggling yesterday evening trying to find material to make some scales. Ended up with wood and then failed miserably. I'm now officially inspired by your work and I'm off to the hardware store the first chance I get. I'm sure I'll fail miserably once again but I'll perservere. Great job.

Not to mention failing miserably only means being out a couple of bucks...

Your impressive results got me digging around in my scrap pile. I had some 1 1/2" blue polyethylene pipe laying around after running a water line to the horse barn. I cut a couple of pieces to shape and sanded the inside diameter down to near flat. Unfortunately, they are too flexible to use. Starting with a larger diameter pipe with its greater wall thickness may help, but I thought I would save someone else the trouble of trying it for themselves.

Top Bottom