What's new

What Frag were you wearing when you last got a compliment?

Compliment from my wife today. Usually she doesn't say much about fragrances I wear. The fragrance:

Thierry Mugler A*men - Angel for Men

I spent the Memorial Day Weekend with family and received numerous complements over three different days and numerous requests throughout the weekend to know what I was wearing. I wore:

• Cesar's Man
  • Caron pour un Homme
  • Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (VC&A pH)

Cesar's was didn't surprise me. I always get complements on it. The Caron mainly received interest from people who came close for hugs. It received more complements and the most fervent interest. It doesn't really project, so this makes sense. I've only been wearing VC&A for about a month, and I was happy to see other people liked it. It is heavy and dense, but the dry down is pleasant and it was the heart / base state that the complements came in.

The last compliment I made was to my wife last week, but I don't remember what fragrance she was wearing. The last one paid to me was two weeks ago by my assistant. I was wearing Pinaud Clubman.

My last compliment was from a friend for the Kouros edt.
It is awesome and i need to buy it sometime he says.
For me it is a heavy,leathery,fougerish,80's bathroom,dark and refined edt.
It is a whole era(80's) in a bottle.
I get a lot leather,musk,carnation,oakmoss,geranium, a little patchouly and a little vetiver and that all well mixed up!

Last edited:
I got two compliments in the same day, one from a woman I work with and another from a woman walking behind me in a sporting goods store. The fragrance that brought about these compliments, Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

My last compliment came as part of a critique of another fragrance: I wore a light application of Versace Eros to work the other day, and the ladies there told me that that one "wasn't as good" as the one I had on the day before (Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne). I've always found it funny that women tend to compliment me more on cheaper scents; I even got a compliment one day at work after I had been in a hurry to get there and sprayed on some of the canned Old Spice stuff!

Yesterday when I was killing time waiting for a shop to re-open after the siesta, I went into a bar for a coffee.
The barmaid said "You smell nice"
I smiled and replied "It's Varon Dandy"
She smiled back and nodded - I've got a feeling her husband uses it too

I was at the doctor's office recently in the afternoon. I had put on Aramis Tuscany that morning. The nurse asked me what I was wearing as soon as she got close to me. She went on to say that I was best smelling gentlemen of her entire day. I told her the name and that it was a sample I was thinking about purchasing. She highly recommended that I purchase a bottle.

Went to my wife's friends birthday party tonight. I'm drunk-ish, but forcing myself to eat and drink water before I crash. That said, I danced with several college aged women tonight, and 3 of them LOVED how I smelled. Wearing Dries Van Noten, and even after sweating my *** off on the dance floor, I can smell it on me. I like to dance, and the wife doesn't, so I end up with multiple partners in an evening. The funny part is that my wife has told me she didn't like DVN in the past, but after a few of these girls raved about how I smelled, the wife said "yeah, you smell yummy..what is that?". I just laughed.

Holy crap, am I the only person that's getting complimented lately?

Today, boarding a flight to Sarasota. The flight attendant liked my Royal Oud.

I was preparing a sample of Florida Water to send to a friend, and some ended up on my hands. About 20 minutes later, I was asked "what are you wearing, that smells good."

Today...the wife walked passed me and said, "now that one is nice". Memo Italian Leather. Had been wearing it for a couple hours, so the wicked bitter green open had faded into the lovely vanilla/suede base

Top Bottom