Status
Not open for further replies.
1 tin of Huntlee Super Smooth shave cream in Southsea Spray scent
1 puck of Taconic Bay Rum shave soap
1 jar of St. James of London Lavender Geranium cream
1 Plisson synthetic brush for L'Occitane

New Chosera 1k arrived today!

$chosera.jpg

I almost made it another month of restraint, but I knew better than to join the thread.

C&E Nomad cream
Barrister & Mann sample pack

The first was a pretty good lather and alright scent. I'm more excited about the B&M.

I got these items in a ridiclously low priced Craigslist ad. I'll be looking to trade some things when I'm eligible for B/S/T.

Rolls razor kit, complete with everything

Gillete Tech DE
Another gold tone Gillette DE with double comb
Gem Micromatic SE
Gem gold tone SE
Valet Auto Strop
Keen Kutter SE
Shick Eversharp
Gillete Techmatic

Picked this up on the bay. I don't know much about it but I love the color.

Love that vintage Rooney - with the look of that grain on the bottom, is it a resin or wood handle? Either way, great score! I'd love to see Lee throw a new knot in there!

Nice collection. Looks like your Gillette's are a Fat Handle Tech, and an old type open comb. The brush looks like it will make a great restore. The gold Gem is a Featherweight. You have some good razors that will give you many great shaves.

Nice collection. Looks like your Gillette's are a Fat Handle Tech, and an old type open comb. The brush looks like it will make a great restore. The gold Gem is a Featherweight. You have some good razors that will give you many great shaves.

Thanks Roderick! I probably won't be keeping all of them. The open comb Gillette needs some restoring. The 3 piece handle has come apart, and I can see where someone has repaired or attempted repair in the past. I could always swap out the handle with the other Gillette if I want to try it though. I don't know about the brush. It feels like a a cleaning brush when I put it on my face.

Thanks Roderick! I probably won't be keeping all of them. The open comb Gillette needs some restoring. The 3 piece handle has come apart, and I can see where someone has repaired or attempted repair in the past. I could always swap out the handle with the other Gillette if I want to try it though. I don't know about the brush. It feels like a a cleaning brush when I put it on my face.
Keep them all. They all have differing shave characteristics. The Fat Handle Tech is a great mild razor. I have 7 techs, two of which are the Fat Handle variety. The old type will give you a very good shave once it is cleaned up. Date the razors, and you will have a representation of shaving equipment spanning several decades. Take the knot out and install a new knot. There are plenty of instruction in the Brush Making and Restoration Forum. I did not see the Rolls razor with the case. Enjoy

Keep them all. They all have differing shave characteristics. The Fat Handle Tech is a great mild razor. I have 7 techs, two of which are the Fat Handle variety. The old type will give you a very good shave once it is cleaned up. Date the razors, and you will have a representation of shaving equipment spanning several decades. Take the knot out and install a new knot. There are plenty of instruction in the Brush Making and Restoration Forum. I did not see the Rolls razor with the case. Enjoy

I made a deal with my wife when I bought the lot that I would sell or trade the excess. I'll keep my word.

Two shaving soaps: Musgo Real and Pre de Provence. Both found at a local shop in Lancaster, PA called Zanzibar. I was quite surprised and happy to find a local retailer carrying an extensive line of men's shaving products.

I've been lucky enough to purchase this handle to a fellow of a spanish forum. Rafael only made ​​two prototypes of Red Kong, and two more of Red Kong DeLuxe, and I could get it from the hands of its owner. It is a handle that Rafel does not want to make more due to technical problems, at the moment, so I'm lucky to be able to treasure it. The Red Kong has two knurling passes, and the Red Kong DeLuxe, has three. I had thought to offer it to any of the friends who regularly ask me for it, but I can not part with this beauty. I'll keep it in my shaving arsenal. I have used it with the golden Fatip, and it is wonderful. This old blade BIC and this great brush with 30mm Finest knot, have made ​​the most excellent soap from Manuel, and Swiss Pitralon finished off the job brilliantly.
Mmmm, love that Swiss Pitralon. I've tried many, many different aftershaves, but I still keep coming back to Swiss Pitralon.

Two shaving soaps: Musgo Real and Pre de Provence. Both found at a local shop in Lancaster, PA called Zanzibar. I was quite surprised and happy to find a local retailer carrying an extensive line of men's shaving products.

You're gonna regret buying that Musgo Real soap... But it still works good as a bath soap, though.

You're gonna regret buying that Musgo Real soap... But it still works good as a bath soap, though.
I saw some less-than-positive reviews, unfortunately after the fact. :001_unsur I'll still give it a good try and see if I can make it work. If not, the shop has the Musgo creams, so I can always go back and pick up one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom