What's new

How to take care or greasy hair? QUICKLY ?

I have school in a little bit...but oh god my hair is greasy!! i can't go one day with out washing it ! its so gross. anything i will have at my house without having to wash my hair cuz i need to leave for school in 10 minutes!
proxy.php
:001_smile

Talcum powder works but requires a bit of toweling and combing. They used use that method in hospitals if you were confined to bed. If your hair is really dark test when you have time. Pinaud Eau de Portugal works well if liberally applied and toweled off.

I really hope the OP reads this but hopefully my advice will help someone out there.

Stop shampooing every day. And please, please stop using commercial, sulfate filled shampoo. This is the cause of your greasy hair.

I used to shampoo every other day with a commercial shampoo (head and shoulders) thinking it was okay. But it wasn't until I finally wised up and took a look at the ingredients in that crap. Every listed ingredient except for water was a chemical ingredient that I couldn't pronounce.

I really do believe it was my frequent washings with this shampoo that led to my hair being dry, brittle, dull, thin and even ultimately some hair loss

My advice: start using a natural bar shampoo (I use mystic waters, a great one). The shampoo bar is filled with great ingredients that help the hair. I only use the shampoo bar once a week, followed by a diluted apple cider vinegar rinse. On other days I just rinse my hair in some cold water. I use the mystic water herbal oil as well. It's very good. I would also suggest using a boar hair brush for your hair.

I can honestly say that the change I made has greatly helped my hair - it's never greasy, not itchy as it was when I was using H&S, I see new hair growth (yes, I really do...I thought I was having early MPB but now I am definitely seeing a lot less scalp), my black hair is now darker than it ever was before, I have a lot less gray hair (very close to having none).

I really would advise the OP or anyone else to consider trying out what I've laid out here.

I really hope the OP reads this but hopefully my advice will help someone out there.

Stop shampooing every day. And please, please stop using commercial, sulfate filled shampoo. This is the cause of your greasy hair.

I used to shampoo every other day with a commercial shampoo (head and shoulders) thinking it was okay. But it wasn't until I finally wised up and took a look at the ingredients in that crap. Every listed ingredient except for water was a chemical ingredient that I couldn't pronounce.

I really do believe it was my frequent washings with this shampoo that led to my hair being dry, brittle, dull, thin and even ultimately some hair loss

My advice: start using a natural bar shampoo (I use mystic waters, a great one). The shampoo bar is filled with great ingredients that help the hair. I only use the shampoo bar once a week, followed by a diluted apple cider vinegar rinse. On other days I just rinse my hair in some cold water. I use the mystic water herbal oil as well. It's very good. I would also suggest using a boar hair brush for your hair.

I can honestly say that the change I made has greatly helped my hair - it's never greasy, not itchy as it was when I was using H&S, I see new hair growth (yes, I really do...I thought I was having early MPB but now I am definitely seeing a lot less scalp), my black hair is now darker than it ever was before, I have a lot less gray hair (very close to having none).

I really would advise the OP or anyone else to consider trying out what I've laid out here.

I completely agree. I used to think this was just nonsense, but for the last 4 months I've been using Jack Black's shampoo and conditioner and only washing 3 times a week. In between I rinse or use a dab of conditioner. My hair is now really soft, but much, much less oily. It also styles much more easily, with far less product.

Get a good dry shampoo. My brother makes one for his fashion line that works great. It's all natural and stuff and people love it. http://aldernewyork.com/apothecary I use his pomade exclusively now. It doesn't cause your hair to fall out at all and actually will make your hair softer. Anthropology carries the hair powder if you can find one.

Top Bottom