What's new

Interested in another hobby

I see you're in Northern Virginia...you may want to check out the DC Fountain Pen Supershow in Tysons Corner coming up soon on August 9 and 10. Then again, if you value your financial status, you may not. It's probably the #1 pen show in the country and brings in dealers, traders, and shoppers from all over the world. It's definitely in the sensory overload category when it comes to fountain pens. :thumbup1:
That would be a great idea. But yeah, huge sensory overload! You could actually meet some of the sellers, makers, tuners, etc. and get invaluable advice. Any of the more well-known names are more than happy to help someone just starting out. I first contacted Richard Binder years and years ago, who spent time emailing and talking on the phone with me, and got me set up with my first fountain pen.

Wow that was a whole lot of information crammed into my head very quickly! :lol:

what at a great bunch of videos. Now, I think I will be hooked!! I wish I had the money now so I can start in on the fun!!! Once I do have the means I guess I will have to ask myself, "should I get a pen, or shall I get some tobacco". What a tough one!
This is where you get to really have fun and combine the two also. I have found two Bexley Cigar Aficionado fountain pens which I acquired, then I sent them off to Pendleton for cursive italic nib jobs. Then of course, it's fun to get some pen tray liners, and take some of your old cigar boxes and turn them into pen boxes - a perfect way to recycle those fine boxes.

Any recommendations for a Waterman fountain pen that doesn't break the bank? Thank you.

Edit: Sorry, meant to put this one in a new thread. Didn't mean to hijack this one.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a Waterman fountain pen that doesn't break the bank? Thank you.
I have a Waterman Charleston I really like. Mine is in ivory, but I don't think that's available any longer.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom