What's new

Seattle? Victoria? Point me in the right direction.

So I have some upcoming travel that will find me in Seattle and Victoria, BC for a few days apiece. Seeking the wisdom of my brown leaf brothers: any must-hit tobacco shops or smoking lounges while I'm in the area?

Thanks Boris. I like the look of the Snoqualmie place - might have to try to make it out that way.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Unfortunately you're about a decade too late to enjoy places to smoke in Seattle. Man I miss Tiny Bigs, the El Gaucho Lounge, Luciano's in Tacoma, and many more. It's even illegal to smoke in public parks in Seattle. Boris nailed the two places nearby. Seattle Pipe Club meets at smokey joes, but Fife is about 30 miles south of Seattle.

One place to check out in Seattle is Kirsten's Pipe Shop, home of the Kirsten metal pipe. It's right in downtown and near lots of restaurants and bars and shopping.

I got the impression when we were in Seattle that tobacco is the devil, and I had no luck in the short time we were there in finding a shop before we headed to the coast. We were there during the 2012 elections, it's my understanding that from the result of that election you'll be able to find a multitude of smoke shops, though I doubt they carry any Latakia blends, they're sure to have something equally stinky. I doubt you'll be able to bring it aboard ship though.

I got the impression when we were in Seattle that tobacco is the devil, and I had no luck in the short time we were there in finding a shop before we headed to the coast. We were there during the 2012 elections, it's my understanding that from the result of that election you'll be able to find a multitude of smoke shops, though I doubt they carry any Latakia blends, they're sure to have something equally stinky. I doubt you'll be able to bring it aboard ship though.

You are referring to Grousemoor and/or Ennderdale...right? :tongue_sm

I guess tobacco is the devil, but now pot is OK! How does that make sense?

It kills me that the same people who are rabid anti-tobacco folks are equally fanatacal in their support or pot, which is infintely more dangerous than tobacco.

Just drive 3 hours South and meet up with the Portland crew. We'll take you to HoC for a most-unique afternoon of piping and incredible stories. And we'll probably get to smoke something our age!

Just drive 3 hours South and meet up with the Portland crew. We'll take you to HoC for a most-unique afternoon of piping and incredible stories. And we'll probably get to smoke something our age!
Haha...that does sound like a good time. I'm afraid I'll be without transportation, however. Plus, I don't know if I'll have that long of a single block of time to do it in - a lot of activities scheduled around the Sea Fair.

When I was in Victoria I would visit Old Morris and Goodfellas cigar stores, but their prices will be a lot higher than you are used to. Nice stores though. Seattle has a very nice private cigar club called Vertigo.. I think you may be able to get an invite. maybe try emailing them I had a friend who got an invite and said it was a very nice place. If you were in Vancouver I would invite you to our club. Shoot me a PM if you end up here on the mainland!

When I was in Victoria I would visit Old Morris and Goodfellas cigar stores, but their prices will be a lot higher than you are used to. Nice stores though. Seattle has a very nice private cigar club called Vertigo.. I think you may be able to get an invite. maybe try emailing them I had a friend who got an invite and said it was a very nice place. If you were in Vancouver I would invite you to our club. Shoot me a PM if you end up here on the mainland!

Price has bought tobacco in Chicago, I'm sure your prices will not shock him!

Top Bottom