What's new

What is your favorite soap without Lanolin?

Found out last night that I am most likely allergic tolanolin due to a reaction with MWF. Any suggestions on a top performing soapwith no lanolin in it and with a great scent? TOBS creams are my currentfavorite but I would like to have variety of creams and soaps.

Most soaps do NOT contain lanolin. Many artisans have added lanolin to their soaps because it is a popular choice and does have added "moisturizing" benefits. That being said, personally I do not care for lanolin because it does leave a bit of a film or residue on my face.

Again, most soaps do not contain lanolin. Off the top of my head some good recommendations would be MdC, anything by Valobra, Tabac, DR Harris, and Klar. Many vendors will include the ingredients of the soap on their website. If they don't, a search here will usually turn it up. And when all else fails, you can always post a new thread :thumbup1:

I've found shea butter to be a great moisturizer, and the Institut Karité soap (with 25% shea butter) makes a slick lather that leaves a great post-shave feel. I've been using it for over a year now, and it's my co-favourite with MWF. The scent of IK is nothing to write haiku poems about, just a clean milk-cream and baby powder smell, but the performance is world class (IMHO).

Found out last night that I am most likely allergic tolanolin due to a reaction with MWF. Any suggestions on a top performing soapwith no lanolin in it and with a great scent? TOBS creams are my currentfavorite but I would like to have variety of creams and soaps.
I had a reaction to MWF also. I'm not sure though if it was from the Lanolin. But to on the safe side I always make sure that the new soaps I buy don't contain it. Most of Stirling soaps contain Lanolin.

(See my other post in you'd other thread about MWF)

If you want to confirm a lanolin sensitivity/allergy you can get tasted (not really worth the bother for a shave soap), of you could try another soap with lanolin and see if the same reaction occurs.

How long have you been DE shaving?

I'm a fan of Proraso, Razorock, and Palmolive. Pretty sure none of them contain lanolin.

I have been shaving for a few months now. As first I thought it was just bad technique but last night it happened when I brushed it on. So that is why I think I am allergic. Never had this problem with the other products I have tried.

I am thinking of trying the razorock XXX and col conk next. I don't like the smell of proraso for some reason. Also looking at mystic waters soaps.

Mama Bear's for glycerin soap and my fav all around (scent, performance, cost vs what you get)
RazoRock for tallow based soap.
... And proraso/C.O. Bigelow as a "croap"

Top Bottom