What's new

What was the first razor you bought new?

$main_gate.jpg

1967 black-handle Gillette DE for the BX at Iraklion Air Station (decommissioned), Crete.

1961 Slim Adjustable, G4, I think I bought it in Jan/Feb of 1962.

I still use it occasionally, looks like it will outlive me...

EJ 89 Barley Chrome, It is on loan to my son. In the 5 months that I have been DE shaving I have picked up a couple of vintage Gillettes.
My son can keep the EJ if he wants. I told him that he will probably be like me and will want a more aggressive razor after a few months.
If it was the only one that I had, I would be happy with it.

First razor I bought ws from the Rick Harrison ad. MicroTouch....Liked it but PIF'ed it. Next was A Merk Progress Long Handle ...liked that too...PIFfing that one as we speak. Winner will be decide on July 23. I much prefer my old Gillettes but that's just me

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Super Adjustable, probably around 1973?. I had shaved to that point for round a decade with hand me downs, but ended up losing them at the same time I needed a shave. Can't spec the date precisely, but recall being p.o'ed after spending the 2 bucks or so on the SA a month or so before the free carts started showing up in the college mailboxes. Then $2 was a pitcher of beer .. or 2 pitchers on Thursdays

The first purchased razor was an Edwin Jagger De89. I used my father's black handle Super Speed for 24 years before the De89.

My first brand new razor was An ATT R2 Atlas. 185 bucks but darn well worth it. I have this thing about razors... They gotta be made out of Brass and/or Steel or I do not buy them.

My first razor was bought new in 1980. It was a Merkur (34?). I bought it in London from the old DR Harris store south of Piccadilly.

Top Bottom