What's new

Catie's Bubbles

I acquired a jar of the purple grapefruit, hoping it was a nice strong grapefruit scent. The scent is really nice and enjoyable, but a bit more floral than grapefruity. The performance is great, certainly no complaints there - it lathers with the best of em. I'll be curious to hear what people's thoughts are of the LPV, that one has caught my eye.

I haven't seen a lot of reviews. But, there are a couple of guys on youtube who say they are quite experienced and have tried many soaps. Caties Bubbles is on their list of top soaps. TSE - Traditional Shaving Evangelist and ShaveBusta.
I think there is a French formulation and an Italian formulation in her shave soaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find a scent you like I don't believe you'd be disappointed in it's performance. It's a very good soap, IMO. I have Spanish Holiday and Menta Terrosa, both nice but I don't think these scents are offered anymore.

Amazing performance, it lathers as easy as any soap out there. The LPV has a wonderful scent which I can't describe, seems to be their signature scent. The scent lingers for a few hours after I'm done shaving. They have about 16 scents total and I'm sure if you contact Chris Cullen, the owner he will be more than happy to help you select one based on your personal taste.

It just might be the easiest lathering soap I've ever used and I'm closing in on having 100 in my den. I have LPV, Boucles Fruite, and Quatre Cent Vignt. LPV is a complex scent, pretty tough to describe, but I get amber and tobacco notes on top of a mild earthiness with some spice and a floral sweetness thrown in for good measure. Absolutely fantastic soap.
The Boucles Fruite is a dead ringer for Fruit Loops cereal and that was intentional, performance is equal to LPV, good when I'm feeling like watching some Saturday Morning Cartoons!
Quatre Cent Vignt translates to "4:20" and smells like... flowering cannabis. This is not hemp, not resinous, not a fake patchouli head shop scent, its a light, very fresh herbal scent that has undertones of some very kind bud.

They all perform and smell great and Chris does custom orders so he will make something you request... Can not go wrong with the LPV, top 5 soap for me for sure...might be number 1.

Catie's Bubbles is an outstanding soap. Easy to produce a rich, thick, slick lather that leaves one's face feeling great. Scents are such a personal matter. My favorite is probably LPV, closely followed by La Terre Verte (the green earth). However, I now have ten different scents, and I happily rotate through each one of them.

Catie's is excellent. I have the Santa Sensuelle which I really like.
I PIFed the rose scented soap on Memorial Day. If one likes rose scented products this would be a hard soap to beat.

I may be the oddball, but none of the scents really appeal to me :sad: I'm a really big scent guy and a bit picky, tbh. The closest thing I see that I would enjoy would be the mango, but it's hard to say without a sample. I may have to give them a call and get a more accurate description or two as a few friends have recommended them.

I may be the oddball, but none of the scents really appeal to me :sad: I'm a really big scent guy and a bit picky, tbh. The closest thing I see that I would enjoy would be the mango, but it's hard to say without a sample. I may have to give them a call and get a more accurate description or two as a few friends have recommended them.

I am in the same boat as you. I hear great things about them but the scents to appeal to me very much.

I have Jardin D'Or, Fouet L 'Orange and Spanish Holiday. The scents are all a bit sweet with a crisp soap note underneath.
The 8oz tub is packed to the top and IMO worth the price.
The soap lathers easily with hard water and provides a top notch cushion and post shave feel.
I generaly use and prefer an earthy or musk scent but I enjoy using Caties Bubbles when I want a sweeter scent.

Kevin007
To me it has a spiced musk top with a very slight hint of rose. The rose isnt overpowering, it just lingers underneath, and of course there is a crisp, clean soap scent.
It smells like a light spanish cologne to me.

I tried some of the Purple Grapefruit (Non-French style) and absolutely LOVED the scent, however the performance left a bit to be desired, is slickness and glide wasn't there, I wound up nicking myself just about every shave. I also have a tub of the LPV, and I enjoy that scent a lot, but I haven't shaved with it yet.

Performance wise, I think Catie's is one of the best of the MdC style soaps. Slick and protective, and easy to lather. I own the sandalwood and had LPV and menta terrosa as part of a pass around. All smell good, but the LPV is really special. On the mild side, but a complex combo of sweet, woody, and a little spice. Chris gave me a rundown of the scents, and it's like 12 components, none of which are obvious

Top Bottom