What's new

Catie's Bubbles

Shaved with Ocean Grove this morning. My first shave with Caties Bubbles soap. The lather is absolutely outstanding. I am sure this soap will be in my top five. The scent is mild and pleasant. It reminds me of TOBS Avocado cut with Dove soap. I prefer more robust scents so I am anxious to try LPV and LTV. Excellent product !
What does ocean grove smell like? Any similar soaps that you can think of?

Dr Dave, I agree with the previous poster who commented that Ocean Grove smells like T&H 1805. I find the T&H to be crisper and stronger though. The OC has a milder, creamier scent.

Really wish I didn't already have a large collection of soaps. All this hype of CB really makes me want to try some. Hopefully I can sell some stuff on here to fund my addiction.

I typically enjoy citrus scents and cologne scents like RR Freedberg, RR SoZ, or TOBS Jermyn St. I don't care for sandalwood or musk scents. What would be the best recommendation of Catie's?

@vonasemj

Like you I enjoy citrus scents but I don't like sweet scents. On Chris's recommendation I purchased the Purple Grapefruit. To my nose it is a mild lavender with a grapefruit kick. The lavender is not the sweet perfumey kind, but more earthy. The grapefruit provides a very nice balance. I like the scent so much I went ahead and made a batch of pre-shave oil to match. Great Scent. Great Soap.

@vonasemj

Like you I enjoy citrus scents but I don't like sweet scents. On Chris's recommendation I purchased the Purple Grapefruit. To my nose it is a mild lavender with a grapefruit kick. The lavender is not the sweet perfumey kind, but more earthy. The grapefruit provides a very nice balance. I like the scent so much I went ahead and made a batch of pre-shave oil to match. Great Scent. Great Soap.
This is my favorite of the CB soaps I've tried.

Really wish I didn't already have a large collection of soaps. All this hype of CB really makes me want to try some. Hopefully I can sell some stuff on here to fund my addiction.

I typically enjoy citrus scents and cologne scents like RR Freedberg, RR SoZ, or TOBS Jermyn St. I don't care for sandalwood or musk scents. What would be the best recommendation of Catie's?
You'd enjoy sunrise a lot

I shaved today with Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove, and it proved to be an exceptional soap. Thicker and richer than T&H 1805 that I've been using.

Regarding the scent, I cannot agree with the opinion that CB Ocean Grove smells like T&H 1805. I detect almost no similarity.

That said, CB Ocean Grove smells almost exactly like Palmolive Brushless Shave Cream that my Dad used all during the 60s and most of the 70s. That was rather cool!

Last edited:
Where to start? $uploadfromtaptalk1412303418980.jpg

Wait, if Ocean Grove is a lot like TH 1805, which from what I've read, smells like Issey Miyake, I might actually get a tub sooner if not later... But I'm still wondering if I shoudl try LPV first, or maybe LTV? Can anyone give an insight as to what they smell like? If LPV is spicy, the only thing I have that is spicy is C&E Nomad and Pinaud Special reserve aftershave....

Wait, if Ocean Grove is a lot like TH 1805, which from what I've read, smells like Issey Miyake, I might actually get a tub sooner if not later... But I'm still wondering if I shoudl try LPV first, or maybe LTV? Can anyone give an insight as to what they smell like? If LPV is spicy, the only thing I have that is spicy is C&E Nomad and Pinaud Special reserve aftershave....
The LPV has just the slightest hint of spice, its a sweet warm tabacco scent with hints of quite a few different scents. Its very complex but absolutely fantastic. I think it has the right amount of notes to attract just about everyone.

@DrDave, where did you get that Sunrise?
hows the scent? I have an Ocean Grove
sample but have yet to shave with it.
several shaves down with Pommes au Four,
however.

Ocean grove was made with Tom ford Millesime in mind, I'm told. LPV, is a dead ringer for Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

@DrDave, where did you get that Sunrise?
hows the scent? I have an Ocean Grove
sample but have yet to shave with it.
several shaves down with Pommes au Four,
however.
I actually bought it from Illadelpia on the bst, it really reminds me of mike lemongrass and eucalyptus soap which I just sold a tub of it and regretted it so this is a great comprise.

Top Bottom