What's new

Catie's Bubbles

I used La rose du Méchant today. It was my first time using Catie's Bubbles. It was very easy to lather (I have hard water) and I really liked the cushion and slickness. I'm very impressed by it. The rose scent won't be for everyone but it's the closest I've found to XPEC.

QCV was excellent this morning. About 15 swirls provided an exceptionally rich lather that left me bbs. I still can't place the scent profile though. I'm going to get in touch with Chris and see if I can learn a bit more. To those of you wondering, no I don't smell like a grow house :lol: But there are some very aromatic tones in there.

ill update this thread more when I use the Sunrise and MT.

QCV was excellent this morning. About 15 swirls provided an exceptionally rich lather that left me bbs. I still can't place the scent profile though. I'm going to get in touch with Chris and see if I can learn a bit more. To those of you wondering, no I don't smell like a grow house :lol: But there are some very aromatic tones in there.

ill update this thread more when I use the Sunrise and MT.

Maybe like an early bloom growhouse. I got my QCV earlier this week and have been loving the scent. I'm on a Catie's Bubbles bender.

Menta Terrosa is a blend of a sweet peppermint oil with tea tree and patchouli oils creating an earthy background not to soften the mint.

Sunrise is a blend of Litsea, tea tree, and peppermint oils. A lemony citrus blast with a slight camphorous mint hiding in the background.

LPV is well blended balance of sweet, spice, and manly.
Top: orange, apple, chocolate Middle: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, clove,Base: sandalwood, vanilla, amber, musk

QCV: Its the smell of a blooming cannabis flower with other florals, woods, musk and amber making it even more lush.

Menta Terrosa is a blend of a sweet peppermint oil with tea tree and patchouli oils creating an earthy background not to soften the mint.

Sunrise is a blend of Litsea, tea tree, and peppermint oils. A lemony citrus blast with a slight camphorous mint hiding in the background.

LPV is well blended balance of sweet, spice, and manly.
Top: orange, apple, chocolate Middle: nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, clove,Base: sandalwood, vanilla, amber, musk

QCV: Its the smell of a blooming cannabis flower with other florals, woods, musk and amber making it even more lush.

Thanks for this!!

I got the Gardenia scented one today. Smells fantastic, but I realize I was thinking Camellia. Oh well, I'll load it soon and see what shakes loose.

Just got some in the Bailey's Irish Coffee his past week. Scent is wonderful, coffee dominating with hints of vanilla in there as well. Super slick lather with excellent cushion. I will definitely be adding some more when I run low on some of my other soaps.

How strong is the scent of the LPV? The purple grapefruit I got was nice and all, but the scent was definitely on the weak side. Is the rest of his line similar in strength?

I fired off an email to Catie's Bubbles yesterday about getting some samples and got a response back.

They are going to start offering samples on the web site in about three weeks so check the web site then if you'd like to purchase some.
I'll be checking back myself as I have some I'd like to try.

No idea on price or sample sizes yet, so we'll have to wait and see on that part.

How strong is the scent of the LPV? The purple grapefruit I got was nice and all, but the scent was definitely on the weak side. Is the rest of his line similar in strength?

LPV is not strongly scented but its definitely noticeable. Its more strongly scented than most of the new tallow Razorock soaps if that helps.

I fired off an email to Catie's Bubbles yesterday about getting some samples and got a response back.

They are going to start offering samples on the web site in about three weeks so check the web site then if you'd like to purchase some.
I'll be checking back myself as I have some I'd like to try.

No idea on price or sample sizes yet, so we'll have to wait and see on that part.

Samples of the French style soap?

Just got my LPV and you know I had to run a test lather, don't really know how to describe the scent either except it's real pleasant. I think tomorrows shave will be most excellent.

I imagine of both. Chris has about 16-18 French soaps and maybe about 4 Italian style ones

Would someone please explain to me the differences between French style soaps and Italian style soaps? I keep seeing this come up and I am a bit in the dark on it. Believe that French style means hard soap (like English style) and Italian style means soft soap, but I am guessing.

Would someone please explain to me the differences between French style soaps and Italian style soaps? I keep seeing this come up and I am a bit in the dark on it. Believe that French style means hard soap (like English style) and Italian style means soft soap, but I am guessing.

His French soaps are harder than Italian but not as hard as an English soap if that makes sense. Plus 8oz for $20 in the French and of that quality puts his soaps as a must try for anyone imho.

Top Bottom