What's new

Catie's Bubbles

I appreciate this information. I was considering the Tonsorial, saw it reviewed on youtube and the guy mentioned it smelled like "what your house smells like after a good cleaning", or something like that. I figured I could get used to that, but at the same time felt like there might be another scent I'd like better. After reading this latest info, I think I'll pass.

I have 8 CB scents and I'm using CB exclusively, it really is a fantastic no-brainer soap in every sense. Of my 8 scents, I'll use them all until gone then reorder a rotation of LTV, Le Vert Orange, QCV and Rosee De Matin. Will probably sample Purple Grapefruit and maybe one other between now and then. LPV is still a reorder possibility and frankly I think it's the most amazing scent in the lineup but because it seems like more of a winter scent to me ....and I hate winter....we'll see if it stays. You'll note the green and citrus scents I prefer above.

Bottom line is CB has some amazing scents that I love, and some amazing scents that appeal more to others. No argument on the quality and performance of any of them, though.

Get a sample and give it a try if possible. It smells great to me, not like a cleaning product at all. Like everything YMMV but this is one of the lighter CB scents that I have (LPV, LMR, Fruit Loops) and I really enjoy it. As always the performance of the soap is stellar.

Thank you Owba I'll keep that in mind.

Sample availability is hit and miss as you probably know, but I've been able to get a few. I'll try to get my hands on one.

This is the youtube review I mentioned earlier, scent review starts at 5:54: https://youtu.be/Jzf4eWJCt8k

Last edited:

Catie's Bubbles excellent soap !!! I love it !!!

$3163589.jpg

I love Caties Bubbles, definitely my #1 soap, I had a hard time getting the rose scent from anyone until I subscribed to maggards razors notification letter and it was sold out in hours after I got notified but at least I got my order in and I love it! be warned of a long wait, I waited for at least a month before it was restocked but it is definitely the easiest to load, thicker than Arko and slicker than soap commander,I haven't had need to bloom it and best of all the scent is definitely present unlike other soaps.

Hmmm...several new scents on the CB site today. And by "new" I mean that I've never seen them before. They look interesting.

Dunno if my response should be "great!" or "why is he doing this to us".

I picked up a couple of samples, anyway.

Last edited:
"Saturday Morning" (formerly Boucles Fruite) is available at Chris's site.

Currently, I have the "The Three Wiseguys" (really enjoy this scent), "LPV" (one of my overall favorite soap scents, and currently considering the toner), and "LMR" (I'm yet to use this one, but it is currently on deck for tonight's shave. I find the initial scent nice, but possibly overhyped. I just don't see it replacing LPV). The "Tonsorial Parlour" is the one I'm looking to add next.

Thank you for that, I ordered some.

Celtic Knot, Waterlyptus and Un Jour Gris all sound interesting.

I don't need more soap, I don't need more soap, I don't need more soap.

Anyone else try the aftershaves? I love the soaps and like to have a matching aftershave but I have not had much luck with them. They are a milky color that doesn't really absorb in my skin and they always feel warm/spicy. I am thinking of adding some more menthol. I know there is not much alcohol in them so not sure how it will dissolve.

I just bought my first 2 soaps from Caties and am looking forward to trying them. I bought the Celtic Knot and the Un Jour Gris and not really sure what to expect scent wise but I'm sure I'll enjoy them and the performance.

Anyone else try the aftershaves? I love the soaps and like to have a matching aftershave but I have not had much luck with them. They are a milky color that doesn't really absorb in my skin and they always feel warm/spicy. I am thinking of adding some more menthol. I know there is not much alcohol in them so not sure how it will dissolve.
I bought the Gardenia aftershave, and I like it. I like that it's witch hazel-based, and I also enjoy its moisturizing properties, too. Plus the scent is killer! CB's Gardenia is, currently, my favorite soap.

I just bought my first 2 soaps from Caties and am looking forward to trying them. I bought the Celtic Knot and the Un Jour Gris and not really sure what to expect scent wise but I'm sure I'll enjoy them and the performance.
Creed green Irish tweed and Tom Ford grey vetiver

just received an order. Celtic Knot, and Un Jour Gris (A grey day),
seem too light fragrance-wise for me, but the Barnegat Bay
scent is nice! Can't wait to shave with my first CB Italian
style soap. Given its looks and texture, it's going to be
a lot like RR S. Maria. We shall see.

Got these today. All smell great, but the LVO doesn't really have any orange scent to my nose. Will see if it comes out in the lather in the morning.

Got these today. All smell great, but the LVO doesn't really have any orange scent to my nose. Will see if it comes out in the lather in the morning.

That's a nice lineup you have. I've had the LVO for about 2 weeks and it immediately shot to #2 of the 8 CB scents I own. Now it's virtually tied with my #1 (LTV). It's a home run scent for me, more like orange blossom than orange citrus with some green notes blended in.

Of the others in your photo, I have the tub of Bailey's and a sample of LPV. The Bailey's scent is average to me and #7 currently. LPV is as good as everyone says it is, but not my #1. I have Purple Grapefruit and Saturday Morning samples arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:
I received Saturday Morning and Waterlyptus at work today! I was showing the Waterlyptus to a friend and he bought it off of me on the spot. The scent of Waterlyptus is refreshing and Saturday Morning smells just like Fruit Loops. I ordered another tub of Waterlyptus this afternoon as I am sure that it is going to be a hit!

I have been eyeing the Waterlyptus. I'll ask my wife for father's day.

These are great soaps, really nice lather. One of the best I've tried.

Got this one in today, will try tomorrow.

I got a tub of the LPV the other day. First off let me say that baby was full to the top. its kind of soft and smells amazing! If you let it bloom, you can literally touch the soap with a brush and get a nice lather and enough for a 3 pass shave! I would give them a 5/5

Top Bottom