What's new

Finally cut myself, bummer

Was a pretty good one too. I know exactly what I did wrong. I usually take short strokes, which helps me maintain proper blade angle. I have been lengthening those strokes little by little. I went too far. I rotated my wrist out when I went ear to chin and zing! A tiny fillet 'O Eric. On goes Proraso gel.

The C.O. Bigelow fells dry again today after my second shave with it. Today's shave was a 2 pass event. Dry and tight feeling. Different than Arko and Cella. I will give it a few more tries but maybe it is not for me. Maybe it is the lack of tallow in the Bigelow?

I used a Sword Platinum blade, really cannot tell the difference between these and Astra.

:glare:For the first year or so, every once in a while a razor would bite me. It's been a fews years, but I suspect it will happen again.

Try adding more water to the Bigelow. Some products work better for me a little thin and very wet.

Last edited:
The Bigelow ought not feel dry. Try making your lather with a bit more water. Better yet, do a practice lather with it (on your palm if you ordinarily face lather) and keep adding water little by little, incorporating it each time, until you reach its limit and it collapses. You may be surprised at how much water it can take before then.

Letting short strokes gradually become longer was the way I last really got bit, which was some time ago. From then, I have just continually reminded myself of that incident and to keep the strokes short. Also, I always now use oil prior to lather to keep things slick.

I was looking at the Dollar store for a salsa bowl to bowl lather the Bigelow. I was using my EJ89 this time. I am sure my problem was absolutely my loss of concentration. The hardware and software did what it was supposed to do. I took too long of a stroke and rotated my wrist which increased the blade angle, I "scooped" out a fillet. I need to concentrate and do it the way I was before. I appreciate the comments. The Bigelow does not feel dry, my face feels dry and tight after the shave.

Top Bottom