What's new

No more lurking

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking the site for a while, looking for all the info I could get on wet shaving. I abandoned cartridges a couple of weeks ago, when I found my grandpa's old Gillette DE razor and wanted to try it out. First shave was great, but unfortunately it broke down on the second one, wouldn't fasten anymore. So after some research I bought an Edwin Jagger de86bl, and I absolutely love the looks of it. You can see my very humble set here:

$IMG_20140708_101153083.jpg

That "thing" on the left is a bottle holder I had lying around that I want to turn into a stand for my razor and brush, with a bit of drilling and sawing, if all goes according to plan, it will hopefully come out pretty nice.

Have a good day :)

Welcome aboard!!

Looks like you have a nice set up there. Ask any questions you have, we're here to help.

Also, if you get a chance, stop by the Hall of Fame and tell us a little bit about yourself. (link is in my sig, below)

Welcome! What was your grandfather's razor? We are a bunch of wet shaving Macgyvers, maybe we can help you come up with a fix!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I will promptly enter the Hall of Fame :)

As for the stand, I already cut the needed holes and painted it, I'm just waiting for it to dry out so I can waterproof it. Not half bad, I'll post the pictures when it's finished.

Welcome! What was your grandfather's razor? We are a bunch of wet shaving Macgyvers, maybe we can help you come up with a fix!

I only know the brand, maybe some of you experts can help me out...here's a picture:

$IMG_20140708_175159516.jpg

The screw of the head stripped and I can't fasten it anymore...too bad, feels like a good razor.

Edit: I took a couple of pictures of the stand. My only regret is that the razor is too close to the brush because I wanted it centered, but hey, it works and it's free!

$IMG_20140708_174742877.jpg$IMG_20140708_174803637.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work indeed :yesnod:

razor is a mid 1960's Gillette tech with the aluminum style handle. Nice razor indeed

proxy.php

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I will promptly enter the Hall of Fame :)

As for the stand, I already cut the needed holes and painted it, I'm just waiting for it to dry out so I can waterproof it. Not half bad, I'll post the pictures when it's finished.

I only know the brand, maybe some of you experts can help me out...here's a picture:

View attachment 470384

The screw of the head stripped and I can't fasten it anymore...too bad, feels like a good razor.

Edit: I took a couple of pictures of the stand. My only regret is that the razor is too close to the brush because I wanted it centered, but hey, it works and it's free!
I'll keep an eye out for a new head cap for that razor! They are fairly easy to find in my part of the country! I'll let you know when I find one! I get to shave with my grandfather's straight razor and its a joy! You should be able to shave with yours too!

I'll keep an eye out for a new head cap for that razor! They are fairly easy to find in my part of the country! I'll let you know when I find one! I get to shave with my grandfather's straight razor and its a joy! You should be able to shave with yours too!
Thanks man really appreciated! Unfortunately I don't think I would be able to afford the shipping from USA to Italy for such a small piece...who knows, I'll take a look at my local flea markets :)

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Top Bottom