What's new

SE and Carolina Gathering

Just a quick note to let you guys know that the SRP is holding a gathering of straight razor enthusiasts on June 6th, 7th, and 8th in Asheville NC. If anyone here would like to attend you would be more then welcome. Hope to see yall there!

As of now it looks like Friday night will be a meet and greet we will grab a bite to eat and see the town. Sat will start off with the possibility of going down town for a shave followed by razor type activities. And Sunday will be a cook out on lake Julian. This is as much info as I have at this time. Hope to see you all there.

Well things are still moving right along. all the space is booked we will have a class on honing and will have many members of the restoration community in attendance. we will also have raffles and door prices. I hope to see you all there.

Well we are at 3 weeks and counting for the gathering it looks like we will have a great turnout and good food and good people. So if you are free please come down to Asheville and help make our first Straight razor gathering a real success. I look forward to meeting you all there.

Hey just a quick reminder that the NC and SE gathering is only 2 weeks away. If you need travel info or hotel information please drop me a pm and I will be happy to help you out.
Depending on how much you want to pay I would recommend the Baymont on Henderson road it is convenient to the downtown and to the church. I have a partial Itinerary so far this has been planed.

Friday at 6pm we will be meeting at the Civic Center downtown. there is plenty of parking there at the library parking deck,
This will be a meet and greet we will be going on a little tour of the downtown with a stop by the cigar store, followed by dinner at the tupelo Honey rester ant and ending with drinks and socializing at the Jack of the woods which has one of the largest selections of single malts in the city. We are arranging for shuttle service from the hotels and back for those who want to drink and make merry with out worrying about driving.

WE will meet on Saturday at the trinity Baptist Church on Shelburne Rd at 9:30 am and will have razor activity's including a progressive honing demo by gssixgun and a demo on the newest uberlather techniques. Sicboater will be on hand to photograph your favorite razors and lunch will be provided. we will leave the church around 6:30 for dinner and socializing.

Sunday at 1130 we will meet at Lake Julian for a meal of pulled pork and burgers the gathering will end sometime in the afternoon and we will depart from lake Julian.

As I said we will provide the noon meal on Saturday and the cook out on Sunday we will have raffles and pass the hat to help cover the food. All other meals and drinks Are the responsibility of the guests.

I hope this meets with everyones approval if there's something different you guys would like let me know and I will try to work it out. I any of the wives are attending and would like a field trip to the Builtmore house let me know and I will check on tickets and I know my wife Martha would love to show the ladies around there. Anyway thats the plans as of now. hope to see you all there I will keep you all posted here for updates and changes. If you would like a shuttle to and from your hotel on Friday night please let me know in advance as we will need to do the logistics . Thanks everyone

could we get a head count of anyone here who might be attending? We are getting food and need an idea of the number of people we need to feed.

Just 9 months til the next one, mark your calendars for the 5th, 6th, and 7th of June. same place same station.

Didn't join this group in time to hear about this, but next year I'll keep this in mind. I just got back from a trip to Asheville, and will be back there at the end of next week again for a meeting. It's a great location for anything, especially this time of year with the leaves beginning to pop!

I would love to go, but SC is a touch far for me lol

Ontario? Nah not so far, it's worth it trust me! I drove from Oklahoma 16 hours each way (had to stop every 3 or 4 hours to let the kids out of their cages)

I can't wait to do it again. Although I think I'll take the week off next time

I know I could make it in one day, and it would be tempting..... I would have to see when the next one comes around :biggrin:

Hey Lee!
Yeah we had a great time last year and are looking forward to doing even more this year. So if you can work it in please drop in and join us!

Top Bottom