What's new

SOTD "British Aftershaves" Theme Week 7-13 July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proraso | Thater Silvertip | Le Pere Lucien | '52 Gillette Black Tip | Alt-Innsbruck

$photo-125.JPG

* Beautiful photos, gentlemen! :thumbup:

Saturday 07-12-14. MUSIC: Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder (1963).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRIXN9f-Ap4

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums...b-fad5-4c9f-b095-7981fc76738e_zps66edf222.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep extra silvertip 26X50 - Edwin Jagger DE86RC - Iridium Super #6 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Williams with lanolin - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Nivea Sensitive - ASL Aqua Velva.

Wickham Super Smooth English Lavender
Oscar11 All-Amber L-7 WSP ED Blonde Badger
Filarmonica Doble Temple 14
Fine Savon Lavande
Music: Paco Peña & Eliot Fisk
(outstanding flamenco & classical guitar!)

Click here to view quoted image.

Mühle R89 - Laser SP - Mühle Silvertip Fibre - Lea mentolada - Florida Water

Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime pre-shave soap
Soap: Stirling "Margaritas in the Arctic"
Brush: El Druida redwood handle, 24mm synthetic
Razor 1: J.A. Henckels "415" (Father's razor)
Razor 2: EJ DE89 with Ikon handle
Blade: Gillette "SharpEdge" (3)
Post: Thayer's Lemon witch hazel, followed by Captain's Choice Lime

Today is a hot/humid day. I needed some menthol/citrus action and these delivered in spades. Dad's razor is maintaining a silky smooth edge (thanks Jamie!) and cleared 2 days of stubble in a twinkle of an eye. Cleaned up with the DE89 & "yellow" blade for a fresh & cool BBS.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...E10BJsA/w1087-h835-no/IMG_20140713_124435.jpg

Sunday, July 13th, 2014

http://straightrazorplace.com/attac...sun-july-13th-sat-july-19th-sotd-13072014.jpg

Mastro Livi RWL34, 9/8 Full Hollow, French Point

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Baxter Super Close Shave Formula
  • Brush: Muhle Nr. 281 H 23, Fine Badger, Pine - 21 mm - Size M
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 9/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave

Razor: Ikon DLC Slant w SE100 handle

Blade: Supermax Sunrise (D5)
Brush: TGN Cream w 26mm HMB
Bowl: Georgetown G12
Pre Shave Soap: MRGLO Lime
Pre Shave cream: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Tiki Seven Seas

Aftershave: Florida Waters

This morning shave capped off a solid week of using 7 different Tiki soaps with 7 seas being a custom blend I came up myself using a severely dried and crumbled tin of Land Locked that I had received in a purchase on another forum over the 4th July weekend. Since I had to rehydrate the puck I decided to add Jasmine and two other EO's and a slight doze of menthol to come up with this summer blend. Jasmine/Valencia Orange blends nicely and can detect a light black pepper in the background. How did I come up with the name 7 seas? the EO's come from countries that border one of the 7 seas I was taught in school with exception of the Artic and that is were the menthol crystals come in. This one is a Vegan and I'm not really a vegan person so I might have to see if I can have Amanda whip up this blend in tallow for me. Having the 100mm handle on this slant sure makes quick work of the whiskers and even though day 5 on the Sunrise blade, could have called it a day once again after just one pass. Have a great day gents!

Sunday

Bukhave Scuttle ¤ H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Korff & Honsberg
TOBS The St. James Collection Cream, Aftershave & Cologne

Have a fantastic Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

http://www.shm.dk/shave/sotd/2014/07/13.jpg

FITJAR WEEKEND!!!

Frost Rose | DE89L | Perma-Sharp | Holy Black

I received the Fitjar soap on Thursday and have used it every day since. It is fantastic. Just a slight hint of menthol but a very nice rose scent. A natural scent and not a gross synthetic scent. The performance is amazing. Thick rich slick lather....what more could I ask for really? I have another puck of the fougere but I am going to wait to use it. Its sad knowing that Fitjar is going out of business. I wish I hadn't liked this soap as much as I do. However I am glad that I have had the chance to use it. It is top notch and if you can get your hands on some I highly recommend it.

Kawashima Extra Tungsten
Oscar11/H.I.S. brush
Proraso pre shave
Castle Forbes Castle Forbes shave cream
Aubrey North Woods AS
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w382/lindyhop66/IMG_3070_zps0894973b.jpg

Proraso | Thater Silvertip | Le Pere Lucien | '52 Gillette Black Tip | Alt-Innsbruck

Sunday SOTD:

Pre: Warm Shower

e-Shave Orange Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Brush: Omega Hi-Brush 40652 Sintetico
Soap: MW Mysore Sandalwood
Razor/Blade 1964 (J2) Gillette Slim in Rhodium/Bolzano (4)
Aftershave: TOBS Sandalwood
Cologne: TOBS Sandalwood

Gillette flare-tip Super Speed
Wilkinson Sword blade
SOC boar
The Real Shaving Co. Moisturising shave cream
Floid Vigoroso

13-7-2014

Water and soap :: Myrsol, emulsión :: Druida, Michelle, Macassar ebony, high mountain white 26mm :: Valobra, fougère :: Mühle R41A rosegold, astra (#1) :: Floïd, black label :: 444

proxy.php

FITJAR WEEKEND!!!

Frost Rose | DE89L | Perma-Sharp | Holy Black

I received the Fitjar soap on Thursday and have used it every day since. It is fantastic. Just a slight hint of menthol but a very nice rose scent. A natural scent and not a gross synthetic scent. The performance is amazing. Thick rich slick lather....what more could I ask for really? I have another puck of the fougere but I am going to wait to use it. Its sad knowing that Fitjar is going out of business. I wish I hadn't liked this soap as much as I do. However I am glad that I have had the chance to use it. It is top notch and if you can get your hands on some I highly recommend it.

Couldn't agree more, it's tragic that Fitjar will be no longer. I have two creams and two soaps from them in rotation and am thinking of ordering another couple of soaps. They really do make lovely products.

Couldn't agree more, it's tragic that Fitjar will be no longer. I have two creams and two soaps from them in rotation and am thinking of ordering another couple of soaps. They really do make lovely products.
I think I should order a cream and possibly another soap as well. Its just so strict in the EU for artisans. But it truly is awesome stuff!! I have a friend in Norway who runs a shop who I will order some more from I think.

My SOTD: July 13th, 2014

Pre: Hot shower w/ Cremo facial wash and Nivea facial scrub
Prep: Proraso green pre/post (neck only)
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing ” Essenziali Oli Dure” LE soap
Brush: New Forest 2401 in faux Briar
Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8 round point in faux ebony scales
Lather type: Face and low pro bowl
Beard and Mo: Chin Curtain and Natural flow “English”
Wax and Pomade: Brooklyn Grooming “Williamsburg” & Brylcreem
Post shave: Cold water rinse only
After shave tonic / Cologne: AL FIN
EDT: optional not necessary “Alt Innsbruck” on pulse points only minimal amounts.

Shave Read Pre Shave Lavender Essential Oil
Shavemac silvertip badger brush
Tabac shave soap
Thiers Issard 7/8 straight razor
Skin Bracer Cooling Spice aftershave splash
Shave Ready Save Face moisturizer
Caron Yatagan EDT
View attachment 472174

Gillette Quick Twist + Super Iridium
Omega Boar Brush
Victoria Sea Salt SS + Kappus SC
Thayer's Witch Hazel With Aloe Vera Unscented
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

Yeah that sea salt shaving soap is definetly not good for shaving so i had to use some Kappus for the second pass. It's a shame 'cause that soap smelled wonderful and fresh. Oh well maybe i just use it on the shower as a bath soap.

proxy.php

Razor: Schick Injector
Blade: Chinese Schick
Brush: Semogue SOC
Cream: Proraso Green
Bowl: Jay's Clay
AS: Proraso AS

Wonderful Sunday
afternoon shave and photograph!

(this one's for you celestino!)

proxy.php

​Sunday 07-13-14. MUSIC: The Cotton Club.

proxy.php

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep extra silvertip 26X50 - Edwin Jagger DE86RC - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Castle Forbes Lime - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Castle Forbes Lime - ASL Honeybee Gardens Key Lime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom