What's new

Diamond Point Bow Ties - Where Do You Get Yours And What's Your Favourite Material?

Gents, those of us who adorn our shirts with bow ties realise it can become a bit obsessive if you let it get out of hand. I am not to that point yet but have caught myself of late craving a few of the diamond point models. I get it the same people who make regular bow ties make these as well but do any of you have a favourite? Sometimes certain vendors make certain products in a way that many recognise as 'the way' it should be done. Any opinions? Also what about materials? Silk is always on the list but what about some of these linen versions I have seen of late? One thing I do not like is loose weave cloth on a tie. So nothing that looks like coarse linen tropical shirts or cheap chambray of old. Thanks.

Cheers, Todd

I get almost all my bow ties from the Tie Bar, only because $15 is not a bad price for the quality they offer. I wear a lot of diamond tip ties also. Most of mine are silk, but I do have a couple of cotton ties from the Tie Bar and they are very good. I do have one chambray tie that I dearly love. It has a tight weave and looks very nice. I also have a few wool ties that I wear in the winter. So far, everything I have purchased from the Tie Bar has been excellent. http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/BowTies.asp

Steve, thank you for the link. I had forgotten about tiebar. Their prices are great. It kind of irks me the prices I am running into at some of the custom shops. $50-60 is common and I have found any number at $70-100! Ridiculous, and I am no cheapskate. It is enough that I am seriously thinking of picking up a good used sewing machine and giving g it a go. There are a number of free online tutorials with pattern templates and step by step instructions. We'll see.

Cheers, Todd

I'll have to check out the Tie Bar as well. Most of my collection is from Beau Ties of Vermont, but unless you hit a sale or clearance item, they can be a bit steep. Locally, we have a TJ Maxx store that has yielded some nice diamond points from Hilfiger with pocket square included for $13. I'll take that deal all day long.

I've had a good run of luck getting some deep discounts at Brooks Bros. outlet. Worth a stop by when they have a sale. Recently got a nice purple striped bow to match my $10 Brooks Bros. thrift store suit. Thrifty and well dressed, that's always my strategy.

Top Bottom