What's new

Family Dollar Aftershaves

Question for you Dollar guys: Are the Dollar General Classic Splash and Family Dollar Classic Splash the same product?
Never mind, I'll be finding out for myself! I discovered there is a Dollar General one town over from the end of my sales territory. I went there today and picked up both Barbasol aftershaves, Brisk and Pacific Rush (definitely wanted a backup for the Brisk that I like so much), the DG Classic Splash (just to compare it to Brut and the FD variety, what the heck it was $1.75!) and the DG Hair Shine, which is a Vitalis copy. They were all $1.75 each. Score! I think.

Another "Dollar" store to consider shopping for inexpensive shave products is "99 Cent" stores. They have a good selection of product for about $1.00. I could buy some generic shaving products and not break my shaving product budget.

If you have "99 Cent" stores in your area add them to your list of stores for shaving products.

There is an FD right around the corner (c. 2 miles) from me. Now I have to go check it out for some AS. Thanks for the tip, guys.

I tried the Pacific Rush Aftershave today. It was pretty much exactly what I expected, a lot of menthol and a scent similar to Aqua Velva Ice Sport. The scent didn't stick around too long, but geez, the Barbasol aftershaves are really good stuff for $1.75!

I just returned from a Family Dollar store not far from the house. While I was picking up some groceries I checked out their selection of aftershaves. I bought bottles of Aqua Velva Ice Blue & Barbasol Brisk. At a cost of $2.00 apiece that is a outstanding bargain. I love adding new fragrances to my collection.

Now I make it a point of checking the men fragrances anytime I visit a "Dollar" type store. There is no telling what you will find in these stores. I can't wait till my next visit to a dollar store!

Last edited:
We have a few Family Dollar stores where I live. I don't usually go to FD very often but I've been popping into just about every store lately on a quest to see if anyone carried Williams Mug Soap (they didn't!) I noticed the aftershaves too. Barbasol Brisk was something like $2.15 a bottle. A small 5 .oz bottle of Skin Bracer was $3.25, same with small bottle of Brut and Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I was mighty tempted to buy some. The Barbasol Brisk is VERY close to Skin Bracer, but Skin Bracer is better IMO. Still it's so cheap I may have to pick it up to try. I don't care for the scent of the Aqua Velva but thought for the price Brut would be worth trying out too. They also had "they're" brand of Old Spice but I don't recall the price.

There are a number of Family Dollars located in Las Vegas. Yesterday I bought Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS (3.5 ounces) and Barbasol AS (5.0 ounces) for $2.00 apiece. There was one of two more there so I may go back and buy those as well. It would be nice to have a variety of aftershaves. I have 4 so far and would love to expand my collection. The Family Dollar & Dollar General is a way of getting them at discounted prices. I don't know if you have a 99 Cent store in your area but I do know that they cell "generic" Old Spice for 99 cents. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I wanted to follow up on some of my recent Dollar General purchases. First, my initial impression is that the Dollar General Classic Splash and Family Dollar Classic Splash, the Brut clones, both seem to be the same juice. Maybe a Vi-John thing? Anyhoo, they're both decent and I think identical. Now, my last purchase, the one that was almost an after thought, was Dollar General Men's Hair Shine. This is a hair tonic in the vein of Vitalis. This stuff smells and performs VERY well! My wife agreed that is smells fantastic and looks nice for a wet look as well. Sorry for posting about it on the After Shaves Forum, but I'm sure many of us aftershave guys are hair tonic guys too, so there you have it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom