What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

I started the refund process about 3 minutes after Thom's indicative post. The good news, it's only $13 total.

The bad news is, I'm down to my last blade and desperately need supplies.

OK, that last part was a total lie.

100 Personna 74-0002 Prep DE blades $10.99

Did anyone else buy these from post 2695 on July 10? The seller never sent me any "shipped/tracking" info, then got 2 negs in a row, and now no longer a regd user????

I received my order 2 days ago. Although I didn't get info that it had shipped, they arrived within the prescribed time, and are exactly as described.

Even received feedback from the seller...

Anyone ever see one of THESE before? Got it off the bay because it's so unusual. And it works, too! It vibrates the head. It appears that it was made by Gillette because the cap and guard are perfect fits to the machine's neck, but there are no markings on the machine:

$P1010002.jpg$P1010005.jpg

Anyone ever see one of THESE before? Got it off the bay because it's so unusual. And it works, too! It vibrates the head. It appears that it was made by Gillette because the cap and guard are perfect fits to the machine's neck, but there are no markings on the machine:

View attachment 589432

Interesting find; it looks to be in excellent shape. The head is from a SC NEW, but I don't think the rest of it was made by Gillette. The handle maker just used standard threading that allowed for the use of other heads.

link

What in the world is this? Never seen a nickel long handle, especially coupled with a probak comb, especially coupled with a contract NEW green case. Frankenrazor? It doesn't even look like it would fit in the case?

$newprobak.jpg

I don't know but for $225 listed price I wouldn't even bother to make an offer to the seller.
Just one of those auctions...

I don't know but for $225 listed price I wouldn't even bother to make an offer to the seller.
Just one of those auctions...
Granted, this one is in incredibly gnarly condition, but when I found a green case there had only been 3 others ever reported on B&B, so the Seller was correct listing it as "Scarce+Rare." Worth $200? It only takes one buyer who thinks so.

A can of compressed air, some scotch tape for the stubborn particles, a $10 common bar handled NEW and pack of old Gillette Blue Blades (both that the buyer probably already has), and he's got himself a Scarce & Rare complete set.

I ended up getting the set, as my NEW collection is what I focus on.

I offered 40$, and paid a little over twice that after I confirmed the rarity of the case and the oddity of the handle.

Not to give away any secrets, but some sellers have no idea what they have and automatically take the first offer. I was hoping for that with the 40, but no such luck. Still, nowhere near the original price.

I ended up getting the set, as my NEW collection is what I focus on.

I offered 40$, and paid a little over twice that after I confirmed the rarity of the case and the oddity of the handle.

Not to give away any secrets, but some sellers have no idea what they have and automatically take the first offer. I was hoping for that with the 40, but no such luck. Still, nowhere near the original price.

Well done, Matt - not many would have recognized the special nature of the set!

Top Bottom