What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Okay, sages. Tell me what I am missing on this one.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=182013556477&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

It looks like a caseless Double Ring that is in quite nice shape, other than a slightly bent tooth, and it has a 1905 SN. I do not see anything otherwise remarkable about it, other than the price that it went for (it seems like there were a few invested bidders, with a high-aiming sniper at the end). Teach me, o Sages!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=182013556477&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

It looks like a caseless Double Ring that is in quite nice shape, other than a slightly bent tooth, and it has a 1905 SN. I do not see anything otherwise remarkable about it, other than the price that it went for (it seems like there were a few invested bidders, with a high-aiming sniper at the end). Teach me, o Sages!

It was mine! It's in great condition. I had been watching eBay for a while and didn't see any others. I'm sure its just the exclusivity. Went higher than I expected though.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It was mine! It's in great condition. I had been watching eBay for a while and didn't see any others. I'm sure its just the exclusivity. Went higher than I expected though.
Well, my hat is off to you, sir. Congratulations on a great sale!

The next round is on you!

Just on the off chance ........ That there is a possibility ......... That one of our members just might have thought they wanted to acquire themselves a very early, cased Old Type from a well known auction site and........ in their excitement ...... didn't think to look a little closer .......

Now is the time to look a bit closer before they jump feet first into a steaming great pile of regret. .......

I normally wouldn't go so far to even speculate like this ......... but I'm really trying to do someone a favour, here ..... just in case they were to suddenly find that they're the one with an itchy trigger finger and might want to try and find reverse gear ......

Of course ...... If no one knows know what I'm talking about, then no one can help them:001_smile

[MENTION=67523]wishbone[/MENTION]
I'm intrigued, I certainly have not gone for an old type recently ( I have two already).
Will we see a full "what the" post here soon...

Wow! Makes me want to list my '04 Pat Apl'd For Double Ring.

@wishbone

OT's are a real face scrappers for me. Have your "friend" check out this recent thread for some discussion on OT razors.

Oh .... it's not a friend or acquaintance I'm alluding to ....... I'm skating the thin ice of B&B rules with regard to listings just in case it's one of us that's about to make a bit .... well, a lot ....... of a booboo...... And it'll be their arse stinging with this razor, not their face :laugh:

Check your PMs mate ...... You'll see what I mean ..........

Oh .... it's not a friend or acquaintance I'm alluding to ....... I'm skating the thin ice of B&B rules with regard to listings just in case it's one of us that's about to make a bit .... well, a lot ....... of a booboo...... And it'll be their arse stinging with this razor, not their face :laugh:

Check your PMs mate ...... You'll see what I mean ..........

The good old sport ... Trying to save the day. :thumbup1:

Just on the off chance ........ That there is a possibility ......... That one of our members just might have thought they wanted to acquire themselves a very early, cased Old Type from a well known auction site and........ in their excitement ...... didn't think to look a little closer .......

Now is the time to look a bit closer before they jump feet first into a steaming great pile of regret. .......

I normally wouldn't go so far to even speculate like this ......... but I'm really trying to do someone a favour, here ..... just in case they were to suddenly find that they're the one with an itchy trigger finger and might want to try and find reverse gear ......

Of course ...... If no one knows know what I'm talking about, then no one can help them:001_smile

Simon,

Appears your alert has worked. The theoretical auction has ended early. Hoping someone didn't throw even crazier money to make it end. Hopefully the seller did the right thing?

Top Bottom