What's new

Blades with no wax/glue

Is there a list of blades that are just paper wrapped without the wax/glue corners? Some have so much that the blade gets stuck to the head or gums up the razor after a couple of blades. Thanks.

About all the Personna horses: Med Prep, Platinum, Red Pack, Crystal

There is also the Wilkinson Swords that you can find a Wallmart.

Is there a list of blades that are just paper wrapped without the wax/glue corners? Some have so much that the blade gets stuck to the head or gums up the razor after a couple of blades. Thanks.

Are you sure it is the wax that is clogging up the razor? Your lather may be too thick or too dry, or perhaps you need to rinse the razor after use more. Can't say I've ever had this problem, and I've used quite a few different blades.

Are you sure it is the wax that is clogging up the razor? Your lather may be too thick or too dry, or perhaps you need to rinse the razor after use more. Can't say I've ever had this problem, and I've used quite a few different blades.

+1

A hot water rinse, especially after having the soap/cream sitting on it for a while, always seemed to do the job when I used the DE.

Honestly, there are not any blades without was spots that I would want to shave with other than the Personna Lab/Med
All of the St. Petersberg blades have the wax dots, and I was always very happy with the Astra SP and Gillette Yellow.

The wax does gum up the inside of the razor and make it gross, but doesn't clog it, per se, in my experience. I much prefer to avoid the wax as well

The wax does gum up the inside of the razor and make it gross, but doesn't clog it, per se, in my experience. I much prefer to avoid the wax as well

Yes. I didn't mean clogs where it shaves but it gums up the head and blades get sticky in there.

There are some without any wax such as Personnas but others with just a smidgen at the centre would be Feather, Polsilver SI, latest Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge and Astra blades to name a few.

Don't like edge wax either as it can make blade alignment and removal less easy and there really is no need for wax at the edge. I put it down to cheaper manufacturing costs.

Last edited:
I rinse my razors and blade after every shave pat it dry and put it back together.

I've never seen any wax sticking to the razor or in any way being an issue to me.

Voshkod has no wax dots. The GSB's used to have 2 small ones in the center, but now they have been blessed with the 4 giant dots that Astra used to have. Damn those guys in St. Pete.

Here are the blades in my collection that don't have that wax/glue goop >

Astra Superior Stainless
BIC Chrome Platinum
Crystal Platinum
Derby Extra Super Stainless
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black)
Lord Platinum
Lord Super Chrome
Lord Super Stainless
Merkur Super Platinum
Personna Lab Blue
Personna Medical Prep
Racer Super Stainless
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Red Personna Platinum
Shark Super Stainless
Treet Platinum
Voskhod

SuperMax Super Platinum also don't have glue spots, if my memory is right. And a great blade too.
Kai, but they are very expensive.
Merkur too, again, if my memory is right, but I don't like them and they are very expensive.

I used a Super-Max Super Platinum the other day and it in fact did not have any wax spots.

Top Bottom