What's new

What are the best honeybee soaps.

Mocha Java :001_wub: By total coincidence, I just pulled it out for tomorrow's shave.

(I'm very eager to try the Old Spice...)

I really like the Orange burst, it smells so good I want to bite into the soap! Vanilla Oak is also a really great scent, but I normally only use it in the winter.

Tea Tree EO!!! I am not sure if it is available in a round? I ordered mine in the pre-poured jar.

I'll second the vote for Vanilla Oak - it smells great and is my wife's favorite. In fact, I just got another puck today to replace the one I used up. With my order also came Bay Rum and Oak moss. I haven't tried either of those yet, but if first sniffs are any indication, the Bay Rum will be NICE! The Oak moss really doesn't really doesn't seem to have an aroma yet (I just opened the packaging 5 minutes ago) but I will try it tomorrow with my shave and see what happens. I also have the Almond and the Unscented. Both work well and the Almond has a nice smell - just it leaves my face with burn for some reason - but there are no problems with the unscented.

4 arrived recently -- Bay Rum, Eucalyptus (no mint, just like I asked), Green Irish Tweed and Ye Old Barbershop.

I absolutely love Ye Old Barbershop (Olde?). Sue describes it as a combination of Amber and Rum, with notes of Musk and Bay. It has a more subtle (but definite) scent than the others. In any event, it's fabulous -- I keep trying to smell my face. :blushing:
It's my favorite. Today. :rolleyes:

SWMBO likes the Bay Rum and Eucalyptus fragrances the most -- I prefer the latter over the former. I've always been fond of Eucalyptus -- perhaps I was abandoned by koalas as a neonate.

Not that there's anything wrong with Sue's Green Irish Tweed. Delightful -- my understanding is that it's based on the Cr€€d fragrance. I'm unfamiliar with the Cr€€d incarnation, but the scent does remind me of some Polo aftershave that I used as a very young man. Perhaps they're also the same (or one is based on the other)?

I'm going to put in another vote for the Coffee Mocha, as well as for Cherry Pipe Tobacco, which smells nothing like tobacco but is still a great scent:biggrin:

I really like the Orange burst, it smells so good I want to bite into the soap! Vanilla Oak is also a really great scent, but I normally only use it in the winter.

I used the orange burst the other day and its excellent! Reminds me of a orange popsicle. :thumbup: Mayan Gold and Coconut are good too.

Nothing makes me happier than to see my soaps being enjoyed.

Orange Burst reminds me of popsicles too!

And my newest addition, Ye Old Barbershop, well, all I can say is, every time I make it, I can't stop smiling.

Happy shaving gentlemen.

Sue's soaps are all great. I think the easiest answer is to say that the best soap she makes is the one that smells best to you, because they all perform superbly, and I have never been let down by the lather from any of her soaps (and I have tried 9 of them so far).

But if you really want to pin me down, my hands down favorites were the Lime (not the EO version), Vetiver, and Oakmoss. Wonderful scents from all 3!

Top Bottom