What's new

Soap Reviews -A Series

The vetiver scent smells nice! I'll make my way to it eventually.

Because I commute to work by bike many days a week, I often shave at the gym here at work, and that falls to Arko. I shave every other day, so I was due today. But I didn't ... so that I could shave tomorrow with that puck :)

I got a fast response from Will at B&M. They do in fact ship to APO/FPO and offer a 10% military discount. Much appreciated.

I got a fast response from Will at B&M. They do in fact ship to APO/FPO and offer a 10% military discount. Much appreciated.

Yep he is always willing to support military! I have my discount code activated also! I'm about to order cheshire and another jar of whichever i decide. Maybe one of the new scents.

Update:

I had my first shave today with Gin & Tonic and I must say that so far this is the best smelling Stirling scent I have shaved with! Followed by barbershop.

Just got home from a week long vacation of just barely passable quick shaves and can't wait to lather up some Seville tomorrow.

Just got home from a week long vacation of just barely passable quick shaves and can't wait to lather up some Seville tomorrow.

Great stuff! I love Seville! Adagio and Cheshire are my favorites though. I am now leaning more towards Cheshire. That scent is so unreal

Well, used the B&M this morning myself. The smell was gorgeous. Started off soapy, but as I made the lather it blossomed into this floral bomb of a scent, reminded me of tea, maybe a jasmine tea with something else in it.

Lather was good, but it wasn't as slick as I'd like. I'm wondering if I used too much water? The website says they're thirsty soaps, but I think I may have used just a shade too much water, and I think I should have loaded my brush a little bit longer.

That said, the shave was wonderful and my skin feels fantastic. Good stuff!

Well, used the B&M this morning myself. The smell was gorgeous. Started off soapy, but as I made the lather it blossomed into this floral bomb of a scent, reminded me of tea, maybe a jasmine tea with something else in it.

Lather was good, but it wasn't as slick as I'd like. I'm wondering if I used too much water? The website says they're thirsty soaps, but I think I may have used just a shade too much water, and I think I should have loaded my brush a little bit longer.

That said, the shave was wonderful and my skin feels fantastic. Good stuff!

Too much water is impossible for B&M. It is an amazing product. I just adagio this morning and I will be putting in an order for a puck of that and a puck of cheshire this weekend!

What does everyone recommend? Jars or just the pucks? Is it worth the few extra bucks for the jars if you already have tins? I'm torn on that decision because his tubs look awesome!

Too much water is impossible for B&M. It is an amazing product. I just adagio this morning and I will be putting in an order for a puck of that and a puck of cheshire this weekend!

Well, that's good to know at least. Like I said, I'd become mostly a face latherer recently, so I'm moving back to soaps and need to work on my lathering a little.

Well, that's good to know at least. Like I said, I'd become mostly a face latherer recently, so I'm moving back to soaps and need to work on my lathering a little.

I soak my soap while i shower and my brush. when i get out i shake out all the water from both and lather it up. I start face lathering and dip my bristles in the water as i'm lathering to get it where I want it.

What does everyone recommend? Jars or just the pucks? Is it worth the few extra bucks for the jars if you already have tins? I'm torn on that decision because his tubs look awesome!

I think the tubs are about perfect for loading the brush. Plenty of room, and there is a bit of room left to contain the protolather. Only downside it that they don't fit in my medicine cabinet.

I think the tubs are about perfect for loading the brush. Plenty of room, and there is a bit of room left to contain the protolather. Only downside it that they don't fit in my medicine cabinet.

Well I have a rubber maid drawer underneath my bathroom sink. I think I got it at walmart for like 8 bucks

I have a jar of Lavanille on the way. It has the 2 keys to a great shave and post-shave experience...tallow and lanolin. I'm looking forward to trying out the new offering from B&M.

Picked up a Lavanville and Clary Sage today. The Clary is the only one of the original soaps I never bought.

I love the tubs as well, perfect size as was said above.

Top Bottom