What's new

Happy independence Day!

What is your smoke of choice to celebrate this great day? Me I will be enjoying an Oliva serie G this afternoon and later an Oliva Serie V Melanio.

So far ive had two bowls of PA. Sometime today im going to finally break open my tin of Early Morning Pipe. And happy Independence Day everyone.

I smoked some Lane LL-7 (my current fave) in a Savinelli meerschaum-lined bent bulldog, which I got from eBay and cleaned up a bit.

Dave

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I received an Arturo Fuente Grand Reserve cigar in a PIF by Boris that I haven't smoked yet (life has been hectic lateley). I think I will have it tonight.

Had a VSG Robusto Especial earlier. I was a little disappointed, so I will have a Padron '64 or La Gloria Series R Maduro this evening.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think I am going to cut out of work soon and go look for some ribeyes. Today is a full holiday, so the 6 hours I have worked count for 14. There is nothing going on here, and I hear that Fuente calling my name.

I hid from rain and wind all day as the hurricane passed by off of the coast (thankfully). Now, everything has cleared up and it's peaceful out with a nice pink sky in the horizon.

Decided to have a cigar, so that I could enjoy the lingering taste for the rest of the day. I opted for a Diesel Unholy Cocktail, which is definitely hitting the spot.

Not a typical 4th, since I did zero grilling... but it was still enjoyable.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I hid from rain and wind all day as the hurricane passed by off of the coast (thankfully). Now, everything has cleared up and it's peaceful out with a nice pink sky in the horizon.

Decided to have a cigar, so that I could enjoy the lingering taste for the rest of the day. I opted for a Diesel Unholy Cocktail, which is definitely hitting the spot.

Luckily, I have a car port next to my mother in law suite- very little stops me from grilling.

Luckily, I have a car port next to my mother in law suite- very little stops me from grilling.
I probably could have grilled dinner, but I had no meat since I was expecting it to be too crappy out. Even when it stopped raining around noon, it looked like it would pour again up until around five or six.

I live right by the Delaware Bay, so when it is rainy and windy it's miserable to be outside. On the flipside, when it's nice out it's beautiful... and it's supposed to be great weather through the weekend.

The original plan was to go hit up a minor league game for the Delmarva Shorebirds. They were having a fireworks show and pig roast, but I didn't bother getting tickets because I thought it'd be rained out. Stupid hurricane.

No pipe for me today, but last night while BBQing 18 pounds of pork butt for today I had a bowl of And So To Bed.

Happy 4th all!

Glad you are safe.

I smoked some Lane LL-7 (my current fave) in a Savinelli meerschaum-lined bent bulldog, which I got from eBay and cleaned up a bit.

Dave

The Savinelli uses a balsa filter. I notice that the LL-7 tastes different with and without a filter. I've determined I'm a filter guy, so I cut a Grabow filter down to the length of the balsa filter, and the LL-7 tastes like I like it.

Dave

Top Bottom