What's new

Feather SS Search

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to straight razor shaving (just shaved my beard off yesterday) and am interested in trying out an SS. Just got back from overseas and have a little one on the way so trying to grab one used. Anybody know of a reputable site for used?

Keep the info coming!

Agreed, once you hit the requirements to post, a wanted to buy on the BST is your best bet for a used Feather. I've not seen any other sites that carry them used at all.

I agree with the above posters. Your best bet will ve to pick one up off the bst. They are some great shaving razors.

You could also try to hunt down a CJB (feather ac clone) on the bay if you're having trouble locating a used feather.

I have a real straight and have been using it. Was just considering a feather for travel and when I don't feel like the stropping etc... That comes with a straight.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I have one that I use for travel. Works great. They're good shavers. When I use mine I generally just do one pass WTG. not BBS, but dang close. They just require a VERY light touch.

I have used a CJB a bit and can attest to the shave quality. No, the finish is not as nice as the Feather but really, Chrome (or SS in this case) won't get ya home. You shave with the blade, the handle is just a handle. It could be wood for all it matters.

I use the Feathers and CJB almost exclusively. I have the original stainless non-folder, SS folder and non, and the CJB non-folder. I like them all equally and would be happy with only any 1 of the 4. No doubt, the CJB will not last as long but a great way to see if you will like this type of shaving.

There is a very big difference in the available blades. I can't use the Feather Professionals, Lights or Kai Milds. For me, the best are the ProGuards and Professional Supers. Try a few and enjoy!

Marty

Not sure how much confidence you already have with your straight, but if you are still in the learning curve I would suggest starting with the pro guard blades. These are what I started with never using any type of straight before. I only managed to get a few weepers with these even starting out(I have nicked myself with the others) I think they helped a lot being more forgiving of my mistakes. I have since moved to the pro blades and now a true straight, but I think the pro guards saved me a few newb horror stories. If you get a feather type and are interested I could send you some pro guard and pro blades to try out, just PM me. Good luck

Top Bottom