What's new

First purchase

A few years ago I used a FP as my everyday pen, but it was a cheap non-refill. After reading suggestions here I decided to revisit the art and purchased a Pilot Metropolitan and some Parker Quink. As a lefty I figured the quink would be the best place to start.

DE razors, pipes, and now FPs....I have a feeling I may come home from work one day and find B&B blocked at our home!

As a fellow southpaw, ink choice is important. I prefer to use fine nibs and I enjoy using Diamine ink. Great flow and dries quickly too.
If you need any help always ask.

Have fun! I sold a fountain pen I hadn't used in years. The happy person who bought it convinced me to give fountain pens another try. I've now got three boxes of pens. (Antique stores, junk dealers, and a couple of modern ones...)

Best of all, I've found that my middle school students will work their __________off to earn a cheap fountain pen.

Enjoy!

Have fun! I sold a fountain pen I hadn't used in years. The happy person who bought it convinced me to give fountain pens another try. I've now got three boxes of pens. (Antique stores, junk dealers, and a couple of modern ones...)

Best of all, I've found that my middle school students will work their __________off to earn a cheap fountain pen.

Enjoy!
I wonder what you could get them to do for a L2K with a Pendleton Brown Butter Line Nib:laugh:

I wonder what you could get them to do for a L2K with a Pendleton Brown Butter Line Nib:laugh:

My students are getting to be very smart about my pens. If the pen lives in my pocket... They look. They do not touch. I have pens for them in my desk. They ask and sometimes they get to use them. :001_cool:

BTW - I am really liking that L2K.

Enjoy!

I will have to remember that since I am a middle school principal :thumbup1:

This is all going to save you money, I promise:lol:

Oh I know how that works already :thumbup: So far I have behaved, but the purchases have slowly been adding up. SWMBO hasnt quite figured out the amount I have spent on gentlemanly items as of yet.

As a fellow southpaw, ink choice is important. I prefer to use fine nibs and I enjoy using Diamine ink. Great flow and dries quickly too.
If you need any help always ask.

I have a weird writing style in that no matter how much my teachers tried to make me write like a lefty I refused. I turn the paper and hold my hand like a right handed person which has caused my letters to all slant the wrong way for the most part.

Welcome to "The NIB"!!! Now for the best advice, RUN, RUNAWAY!!! There is still hope for you as you are not in deep yet!!!

Tom

Top Bottom