What's new

PIF Made in the USA Paring Knife

Congrats PurpleMonkey!

Of course you know we expect pics of your first victims. And by victims, I mean veggies/fruits/etc.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of actually using this knife to start off my work knife set. Long story short, I work in a youth residential psychiatric treatment centre and we BBQ for the kids every friday in the summer. I'm trying to elevate the quality of food we offer the kids so I've started using more fresh veggies etc instead of frozen/pre prepared where I can. We have a couple of cheap knives at work but the won't hold a decent edge so this lil guy will go a long way towards making it easier to prep. I will try to get a shot of it in action up.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of actually using this knife to start off my work knife set. Long story short, I work in a youth residential psychiatric treatment centre and we BBQ for the kids every friday in the summer. I'm trying to elevate the quality of food we offer the kids so I've started using more fresh veggies etc instead of frozen/pre prepared where I can. We have a couple of cheap knives at work but the won't hold a decent edge so this lil guy will go a long way towards making it easier to prep. I will try to get a shot of it in action up.

Awesome. :thumbup1:

That knife couldn't be going to a more worthy cause!

Well done and hope you enjoy it.

This just makes me so happy! Way to go!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Congrats on your getting it! I think you will like it.

When I was working in packing houses all we used were carbon steel knives because they were easier to put a sharp edge back on them when they became dull.

And get a sharpening steel if you don't already have one.

Just remember to dry it good after you are done using it...they are more prone to rust than stainless...but you probably already knew that.

And they do take on a nice patina. I have one of my old packing house knives that has gotten to look beautiful with age...about 35 years worth of age.

What a great use to put a PIF to. :thumbup:

Top Bottom