What's new

Rosacea

I have always suffered from Rosacea but as I have gotten older it has worsened. I am trying to get the rosacea under control as best as I can. I would love to have it where it is not noticeable. My doctor said to avoid anything with alcohol or menthol in it so I will be stopping my beloved Aqua Velva and Osage Rub. So I am needing help with sometype of aftershave treatment that contains no alcohol or menthol. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I have always suffered from Rosacea but as I have gotten older it has worsened. I am trying to get the rosacea under control as best as I can. I would love to have it where it is not noticeable. My doctor said to avoid anything with alcohol or menthol in it so I will be stopping my beloved Aqua Velva and Osage Rub. So I am needing help with sometype of aftershave treatment that contains no alcohol or menthol. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

anything aloe and/or witch hazel based.

I like HoneyBeeGardens after shaves, which have aloe and witch hazel.

Just witch hazel, or things like Thayer's lavender witch hazel.

Nancy Boy After Shave Gel (Replenishing) might be good for you - it's an aloe gel with cucumber essence. The signature would probably be out because it has a little alcohol, which is too bad because the peppermint EO would be a great replacement for menthol for you.

I like Kiehl's ASB, but it's not at all like your typical alcohol splash.

Finally, the Trumper skin foods are great, but again, nothing like your alcohol splashes.

I like just pure aloe/jojoba oil as an aftershave/moisturizer

Sunscreen-Face Factor by Kiss My Face SPF30 or Good Skin All Calm SPF 25(at Kohl's)

I use the Oil Cleansing Method for washing my face. Either Olive Oil/Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil/Castor Oil There is a great thread here on B&B if you search for it.

JSHAW
I feel your pain and redness . I have this problem too.
If you want somthing you can get locally I suggest Nivea sensitive skin ASB
Very non irritating and a good moisturizer. Its simple- no heavy sent,but sometimes this is a good thing.

You didn't specify the stage of your rosacea, but it's very typical of the disease to progress as you age. I see patients occasionally with rosacea, but I also suffer from it.

If you still have subtype 1 (Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea) then you have a number of options without resorting to topical or systemic antibiotic therapy.

Avoid alcohol-based lotions, balms, and aftershaves; the drying action of the alcohol can make the redness worse (skin care products are one of the classic trigger factors). Also think about switching your face wash to Cetaphil -- or even give up using ANY face wash at all. When my rosacea flares up, I just gently rub my face with my fingertips in the shower.

One of the best moisturizing face lotions is inexpensive and definitely unglamorous. It's called Vani-Cream, and typically is on the bottom shelf at Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc. For about $6, you get a huge vat of this stuff. It's very basic, goes on gooey and heavy, and most folks report very good results. I'd actually never heard of Vani-Cream, but when I decided I couldn't treat myself anymore last year, I turned to a dermatologist colleague who recommended it.

Your primary care doc can give you good information, but I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if you haven't already done so.

F

flemingpollard

Rosacea commonly occurred in light-skinned people especially with aged from 30 to 60. The affected areas are nose, cheeks and forehead. My friend had also rosacea and I know it is very difficult to stop rosacea. Please anyone have here idea about the best skin care product to stop rosacea.

Stop Rosacea

Thayer's makes several witch hazels without alcohol, including: lavender, rose, and cucumber scented ones (some also have aloe vera). They are excellent products, most soothing, and a single bottle will last you a long time .

Metronidazole cream (by prescription) is what totally beat mine into remission. Over the counter, I had my best results with Prosacea Gel, which contains sulphur and aloe (and doesn't smell great).

You might want to ask your dermatologist before you use witch hazel as well. I've read that it can also aggrevate Rosacea. I have one non-alcohol (also non witch hazel) AS that I use which is Earthscience Aloe Herbal and I like it.

I had Rosacia for about 15 years.I tried everything to get rid of it and nothing really helped but it started fading and now I have been free and clear for over a year.I think the wet shaving products I use cleared it up.

Top Bottom