What's new

Dry July.

Can't commit to a full month. But I will keep the weedays dry along with most weekends. Will be checking in to see how you feel.

Do you have any fitness goals while you're not drinking?

Legion

Staff member
Can't commit to a full month. But I will keep the weedays dry along with most weekends. Will be checking in to see how you feel.

Do you have any fitness goals while you're not drinking?

kind of, though I exercise pretty regually normally. I don't really need to drop any weight, but it is my 40th next month, so I am trying to step it up a bit leading to that. No real reason, other than being able to look in the mirror and not feel too bad about the 40 thing.

after almost a week I don't feel too bad. The hardest part is after work when I normally crack open the beers or a bottle of wine. I am sleeping a little better, I think. When I drink I sleep like a log for a few hours, then wake up and have insomnia for the rest of the night.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have given up alcohol for Lent for the last 3 yrs. Man those 40 days are tough, but I make it through it, always afraid that I'll go into DT's, but never do. Glad that time of year is past! Good luck on your detox!

February sounds like the best choice up here since it's only 28 days long. Unless there is a shorter month that I'm forgetting about.

How is it going Legion? I'm certainly with you in spirit and practice here, but to be fair, I've not drank alcohol regularly since June 2013. I've consumed perhaps 3 glasses of wine and 7 or 8 beers total in the past year. I quit as I was approaching my 50th and after my dry July 2013, I decided I didn't miss drinking enough to return to the habit.

I discovered that the sleeping only took about 1 week to straighten out. The weight loss was even better, dropping 15 pounds (6-7 kilos) straight away from not adding empty calories from the booze.

Legion

Staff member
How is it going Legion? I'm certainly with you in spirit and practice here, but to be fair, I've not drank alcohol regularly since June 2013. I've consumed perhaps 3 glasses of wine and 7 or 8 beers total in the past year. I quit as I was approaching my 50th and after my dry July 2013, I decided I didn't miss drinking enough to return to the habit.

I discovered that the sleeping only took about 1 week to straighten out. The weight loss was even better, dropping 15 pounds (6-7 kilos) straight away from not adding empty calories from the booze.

Doing OK. My caffeine and sugar consumption has gone through the roof...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

... in all seriousness, good on ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in but because I've been having kidney issues lately. Felt like a kidney stone around the end of June, and I haven't drank alcohol since around June 21st. It does feel good a bit to know I'm doing my body good in not drinking anything but water, but man I wish I could have a beer to relax every now and then!

Top Bottom