What's new

Mitchell's Woolfat

That is their bath soap. The ingredients are different than what goes into the shaving soap, but you can give it a try.

I have the bath soap. Doesn't build a lather worth a darn.

It is too drying for my face but great for the body. Sadly, mine is almost gone.

Got a puck of the shave soap coming to me though :)

The shave soap will last a long time, There was a group buy thread on this so keep your eyes peeled.

Unfortunately, I figured as much. I just was hoping that I found the deal of the year! I'm still not willing to pay $15-20 for 1 soap. I'd rather buy a few cheap creams for the cost of 1 soap. But, maybe, someday, I'll find that shave soap for $5 :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I figured as much. I just was hoping that I found the deal of the year! I'm still not willing to pay $15-20 for 1 soap. I'd rather buy a few cheap creams for the cost of 1 soap. But, maybe, someday, I'll find that shave soap for $5 :biggrin:

Try Honeybee Spa soaps. For <$5 each, they could well be your answer!

For Mitchell's, you can often find Kent soap, which is rebranded Mitchell's, for a lower price.

V

VR6ofpain

Is Mitchell's Woolfat really that good? Does it justify the cost?

Is Mitchell's Woolfat really that good? Does it justify the cost?

It's very good. I wouldn't buy it from the ridiculously jacked up US prices, though. Get the Kent rebranded stuff on ebay, or if you want the ceramic bowl, order it with a few refills from Great Britain. You'll pay less.

V

VR6ofpain

It's very good. I wouldn't buy it from the ridiculously jacked up US prices, though. Get the Kent rebranded stuff on ebay, or if you want the ceramic bowl, order it with a few refills from Great Britain. You'll pay less.
Their ceramic bowl is pretty nice, but yes all the prices here are ridiculous. What online retailer would you recommend out of England?

Hi Gabe,

I got mine from James at Carbolic Soap Co I think I spent around $46 US for The Dish including 1 puck and also ordered an extra puck....Shipping took like 7-8 days

Hope that helps.

I got mine (and I love it!) a few days ago from www.shavingessentials.net which is a great place to do business, btw. You can see my thread here. I bought the 125g puck for $17.21. With the bowl, it's $47.67 altho that combo is currently out of stock.

I have no affiliation with shavingessentials; just a very happy customer.

How tight a fit is the Mitchell's bowl to the puck diameter? Tight enough to avoid capturing a lot of water alongside the puck?

+1 on carbolicsoap.com. Ceramic dish (comes with a puck) and an extra puck for just over $50 including shipping. The ceramic dish is totally worth it, IMO. A puck of MWF will last about a year, I'm guessing, with using it almost every day as I do.

How tight a fit is the Mitchell's bowl to the puck diameter? Tight enough to avoid capturing a lot of water alongside the puck?

When you first get it the puck will roll around in the ceramic dish. However, if you fill the dish with water, submerging the puck, for a day or two, the puck will expand and become a perfect fit in the dish - no wiggle room whatsoever. . . the hydrated puck makes for an easier creamier lather as well. . .

Thanks Andrew, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I just picked up a puck to try. I think I'm going to like it and would be nice to have a container that didn't require any trim and fuss to get a nice fit.

I can personally vouch for Carbolic soaps proprietor being a scoundrel. Ordered 5 MWF shaving soaps with dish and puck.. Packing was not existent. One of the dishes was broken in shipment. After requesting an adjustment, I was asked to send pictures of the damaged goods. Sent pictures, etc. I was told that their insurance would not cover the lose and I never received reimbursement.
Caveat Emptor!

I can personally vouch for Carbolic soaps proprietor being a scoundrel. Ordered 5 MWF shaving soaps with dish and puck.. Packing was not existent. One of the dishes was broken in shipment. After requesting an adjustment, I was asked to send pictures of the damaged goods. Sent pictures, etc. I was told that their insurance would not cover the lose and I never received reimbursement.
Caveat Emptor!

Ouch. Did you try doing a chargeback to the credit card? Shouldn't you be able to get the CC company to do one on part of the sale, on the basis of "delivered broken goods"?

Even if he doesn't adjust your money the fee the CC company charges him for the chargeback will hurt a bit.

Top Bottom