What's new

Tobacquisitions for July 2014

Jason, that rack is really cool. Some stain will really bring that back to life.

Kilroy, who cares about cosmetics? Keep them pipes a smokin' :)

Ed, please forgive my thoughtlessness. :lol:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 82
5 lbs of Lane 1Q for storing, 3 cans of Frog Morton Cellar, Peterson Aran 68, a couple of czech tools and stands.

Little late but received these recently.
Don Warren sitter

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404966161.766626.jpg

Wally Frank with stinger, restored by Don Warren.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404966088.729188.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404966179.251403.jpg

Savinelli Trevi I believe
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404966130.715504.jpg

Enjoyed the Don Warren today and it smoked really amazing, perfect level of smoke and did not require a re light. Smoke was a bit on the warmish side but it is a short stem so no big deal.

Well get news. My recent financial troubles are clearing and to celebrate I placed an order. Just arrived:

McClelland: 3 OAKS SYRIAN 50g x 4
Dunhill: MY MIXTURE 965 50g x 2
Rattray's: HAL O' THE WYND 100g
Samuel Gawith: BEST BROWN FLAKE 50g
Samuel Gawith: FULL VIRGINIA FLAKE 50g
Gawith Hoggarth: TOP BLACK CHERRY 50g
Orlik: GOLDEN SLICED 100g
4noggins Bulk: WEYBRIDGE

MEDICO PIPE FILTERS x 12 boxes
Replacement Stem - Black Filtered Straight
B.J. Long: PIPE CLEANERS: FLUFFY
Missouri Meerschaum: MISSOURI PRIDE - STRAIGHT STEM
Pipemaster's: CLEAN & CURE - 2oz

$uploadfromtaptalk1405045294823.jpg

Grabbed six pouches of Middleton Apple today.

That's it! I'm gonna buy a pouch of this stuff today while in in Sendai. Give it a try, right? Also, did you ever try that Troost?

@robster very nice score you got there. I might get some BBF as well. Love that stuff.

I noticed you mentioned that earlier. It's why I got it. :) It'd better be good man.

Don't worry. If it's not, I'll despise of it for you.

I find it similar to the OGS, having that grassy kind if flavor. While the FVF is a much more rich and sweet VA. Excited to hear your thoughts.

Well I never really liked Virginia's. They taste like cigarettes to me. Then I tried OGS and fell in love but the others I went back to were so so.

I decided to try some similar to OGS and started a thread on that topic and hence the Virginia's in my order. (Thanks to all for the suggestions).

Coincidentally I was gifted a small sample of PS luxury navy flake and nearly died. It's that good. Wish I'd known about it before the order. Either way, it's something for a future order and it's given me great hope on the Virginia's I've ordered.

@robster I'm willing to bet that you'll like the BBF more than the FVF.

Excited to hear your impression of both.

Went to the tobacconist today while I was in Sendai.

Last tin of Kingfisher in the store. Piccadilly is from 2005 and the Dark Stoved is from 2001. :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405073594.149048.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That's it! I'm gonna buy a pouch of this stuff today while in in Sendai. Give it a try, right? Also, did you ever try that Troost?

I caution you to not try it; it's very good but discontinued and it may lead you on a hunt for pouches. Still some in the wild but hard to find.

And yes, I've smoked the Troost a few times. I like it--high quality baccy and nice flavor with a light citrus thing going on. I find it can bite if I'm not careful, though, which is he only negative I can say about it. Decent smoke though and I think I'll keep a pouch on hand. Need to try the Troost Aromatic Cavendish next.

I caution you to not try it; it's very good but discontinued and it may lead you on a hunt for pouches. Still some in the wild but hard to find.

proxy.php

I try to avoid falling in love with things whose unavailability I can predict, let alone ones that have already been discontinued. Usually I fail anyway.

I forgot to mention it but I got a pouch of the apple. I left it in mr car by accident. Haven't opened it yet. There are so many pouches of it here. The one tobacconist has about 30 and the other has two boxes if it.

Is it really that good? Everyone outside of B&B seems to bash it.

Top Bottom