What's new

Fess up. Cherry. Who smokes it?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
i bought a tin, pooped it and the tin note was such a turn off, i just jarred it and haven't touched it since. this is the only experience ive had with a cherry aro
You might want to give it a try. Blood Red Moon has the goopy cough syrup tin note, but the taste and room note are wonderful.

You might want to give it a try. Blood Red Moon has the goopy cough syrup tin note, but the taste and room note are wonderful.

with all this cherry talk, if i had it with me right now I would probably give it a go. I'll try a bowl sometime this week hopefully.

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking (about a year of very casual piping and more serious the last few months), so I'm no expert. But I love a cherry blend! OK, I've only tried one - Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish - but I really like it and look forward to trying other cherry blends! Another thing I've enjoyed is mixing cherry with a vanilla blend. Sweet and yummy!

Anybody else smoke DE Heirloom Cherry? I've tried it twice. The first bowl was wonderful. The second bowl made me want to give up pipe tobacco altogether.

I like it for a change. Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, Mac Baren 7 Seas Red and Gawith Hoggarth & Co Top Black Cherry are what I keep on hand.

I like the occasional Middletons Cherry.
$cherry lover.jpg

After the ordeal of getting the cherry ghost out of a set of estate pipes, I don't know that I could personally ever do that to briar.

Been meaning to try some Middletons Cherry Blend and I read its discontinued so I better order some before its all gone. I remember my dad smoking some once in awhile.

Last edited:
Middleton has been bought out by Phillip Morris and cherry blend is my tobacco store.

It seems Cherry Blend will continue to be sold in pouches but the tubs have been discontinued. Sugar Barrel and Kentucky Club Continental are discontinued as well. At least that is what I have read.

I ordered two pouches of Middletons Cherry Blend. If I don't stop buying the wife isn't going to let me play with you guys anymore :001_huh:

All kidding aside, I really love that stuff! Have you tried it?

No, honestly Brian I haven't tasted the Hobbit's Weed but, based on my general dislike of american burley cavendish aros, I'm not likely too either! They're just too sweet and waay too heavily flavoured for my tastes.

At the risk of reviving a forgotten thread, I broke out the Danish Cherry Horror (AKA Alsbo Gold). After a couple of years in a jar the verdict is: still horrible. Blech.

Im sitting on two boxed pouches of Middletons. Kind of saving it for Christmas time. I remember my dad smoking it at that time of year. He was a PA guy but the girls always got him different types for Christmas. So I will wait awhile longer, just seems right somehow.

Top Bottom