What's new

What I like taking pictures of.

Folks,

I thought it might be interesting to post a link to some recent pictures I've taken showcasing what I like to do with my gear. This is the area of photography that is my favourite and from which I seem to get better results.

Some blurb about the pictures taken on 14-06-2014 . . .

Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder, has an incredible collection of airworthy aircraft and vehicles. One of those aircraft, this Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-5, is the only airworthy original of its kind, and the only airworthy Fw 190 of any sort that has the original BMW 801 radial engine.

It was scheduled to fly for the public on six occasions so far, and I went once to see it but it was grounded with a last minute mechanical hitch, right at the end of the runway while warming up for take off. The other occasions I was prevented from going down by weather, other people's health, other people's availability, my own availability, and so on. And so after three years of trying, I finally got to see it fly!

While waiting for some iffy weather to clear up - it delayed things by an hour - we were standing at the viewing area when these two B748's (one I and one F) landed, taxiied past, turned, and taxiied up to the other end. They were so close that had I been tall enough I could have touched their wingtips!

Click on a photo for a larger view. Original size and best size of the photos is 1200x800.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bossies/sets/72157644986275790/

Top Bottom