What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The review posted of the fixed on here was a tad more positive.

Have many people received units yet to get more opinions in?

-Geoff

I sure hope that review is not accurate. I have already paid for 3 fixed injectors based on the great review Joel gave it here.

Not to knock anyone's opinions, but one of these reviews is from someone who advocates the brushless 5 minute shave. :lol:

P

PortsmouthDavid

jfm said:
Not to knock anyone's opinions, but one of these reviews is from someone who advocates the brushless 5 minute shave. :lol:

Hey -- why the hate for Corey? He's a really decent chap who is interested in sharing his shaving experiences. He even laughs at himself for running out of time and having to do quickie shaves because he "dawdles" -- he doesn't ADVOCATE the 5 minute shave . . . it's just an occasional necessity in his life.

FWIW -- On several occasions he has helped me to tune my shaving rig. Always cordial. Always witty and pleasant. And incidentally he gives good advice.

So, if you disagree with him, fine. But there's no reason to knock the guy.

David

It all comes down to who you trust more, Joel (obviously) or the blogger. He may have a wider audience, and it will be a shame if he misleads them, but the members here have the experience and the knowledge, I know who I'd trust.

It's disapponinting but if Joel says they're good then good they are. Doesn't look like I'm going to get one anyway, they still haven't responded to me! :mad3:

Could someone point me toward said review on this forum, which Geoff mentioned? Would be interested in other takes besides Corey's.

I'm not about to knock anyone for trying to figure out the quickie five minutes shave. Frankly, I kinda prefer to just go scraggly, but sometimes the need arises.

Likewise, there are a lotta poeple I trust to some degree on shaving stuff, and none I trust completely (not because of doubts about honesty or anything, just because YMMV). Honestly, at least until I read something else, I am inclined to believe Corey's take, since the thing looks like all the other modern crap out there.....

Thinking I will just stick with the old version. It looks so much cooler, and seems like it will either shave better or as well. Beyond me to figure out why I would want the new one....

moses said:
Could someone point me toward said review on this forum, which Geoff mentioned? Would be interested in other takes besides Corey's.

This post.

Myself, I'm wondering if its more a case of spotty quality control than anything else. I guess we'll know when folks start getting theirs (and me mine :blush: )

--Mark

Thanks.... Hmmm, quite the difference in responses. Interested in seeing some more opinions. Frankly I think it is butt ugly and looks way too much like a Mach 3, but if Joel's experience of it being truly superior to all other injectors is consistent, I might have to consider it anyway.

I really don't understand how any handle with plastic and rubber can possibly make a Vision look cheap though....

Thanks to Joel for the review.

mantic said:
Myself, I'm wondering if its more a case of spotty quality control than anything else.

More than likely, there will be quality issues - these "overseas" (China or India) factories that produce knockoffs of other products are known for having very spotty quality.

For example, there are several plants that mass produce musical instruments for the American (or eBay) market. There are a few good players here and there - and a few manufacturers that are concerned about quality - but for the most part the manufacture is spotty at best, and often downright suspect. (Many repairmen will refuse to work on them, because many times the manufacture is such that the instrument is completely irrepairable. For instance: "spot welding" instead of "soldering" because the factory does not have people trained in soldering... but a good number of spot welders. Of course, spot welding is not only permanent, but often leaves holes in the sheet metal, nicely hidden behind the joint... until you actually notice the hissing sound of something leaking...)

As with all things, "caveat emptor".

I've wondered why some folks here are down on Shaveblog, I think it's hilarious. His MSNBC article is what brought my attention to wetshaving and I'm sure some others here too. He seems to be honest with his praise and his criticism, but maybe I'm not in the know about something.

Is there a good reason to give Corey short shrift?

majkeli said:
I've wondered why some folks here are down on Shaveblog, I think it's hilarious. His MSNBC article is what brought my attention to wetshaving and I'm sure some others here too. He seems to be honest with his praise and his criticism, but maybe I'm not in the know about something.

Is there a good reason to give Corey short shrift?

I know that a lot of people are down on the guy, but I don't have a problem with him per se, indeed those who know him personally praise him very highly. I just think that a lot of what is written on his site is dismissive and standoffish. He makes such a big deal about how the "shavegeeks" give him short shrift, then goes out of his way to court further disagreement. He seems to think that the so called hardcore shavers are thought nazis, insisting that we all favour aggressive razors, Feather blades and the biggest brushes possible, when anyone who is even remotely familiar with this site and other fora knows that YMMV is one of the most widely accepted concepts acrosss the boards. Having criticised his mortal enemies the shavegeeks for being so set in their ways, he carries on whoring the ridiculous Wee Scot as if it was the shaving brush equivalent of the second coming. He also acts like he is the man single handedly responsible for the revival of interest in DE shaving, when many of the members here have been doing it for years.
Finally, he paints such a negative picture of these forums and those who occupy them, that I am sure many are put off of joining. One of the best things about B&B is the free exchange of ideas and information , what is the point of cultivating needless animosity just so he has something to write about?

AJS said:
I know that a lot of people are down on the guy, but I don't have a problem with him per se, indeed those who know him personally praise him very highly. I just think that a lot of what is written on his site is dismissive and standoffish. He makes such a big deal about how the "shavegeeks" give him short shrift, then goes out of his way to court further disagreement. He seems to think that the so called hardcore shavers are thought nazis, insisting that we all favour aggressive razors, Feather blades and the biggest brushes possible, when anyone who is even remotely familiar with this site and other fora knows that YMMV is one of the most widely accepted concepts acrosss the boards. Having criticised his mortal enemies the shavegeeks for being so set in their ways, he carries on whoring the ridiculous Wee Scot as if it was the shaving brush equivalent of the second coming. He also acts like he is the man single handedly responsible for the revival of interest in DE shaving, when many of the members here have been doing it for years.
Finally, he paints such a negative picture of these forums and those who occupy them, that I am sure many are put off of joining. One of the best things about B&B is the free exchange of ideas and information , what is the point of cultivating needless animosity just so he has something to write about?

You've summed everything up quite nicely for me. It all comes down to presentation.

An opinion is just that...an opinion...when we get them in the mail and have a chance to use them we can derive our own conclusions from the product. I think the comment about the quality control is very valid and may just be the issue here. Do I think this is going to be THE answer? No...do I think it might provide a good shave with little irritation? Possibly...but I will never know until I try it. In the end it is not a large investment to give it a shot when I think about how much money was spent over the years with the newest, latest and greatest multi blade systems.

As for the dislike of a certain somebody whose name should not be mentioned...he has posted some derogitory things about members of this board in the past. Many of us view this in poor taste. He has been paid large sums of money to promote products in the past. So when he does endorse a product you wonder if it is legitimate or for financial gain...just my .02.

Yeah, I don't altogether disagree with most of that, except I think there is a certain sense of humor that is often missed when Corey makes fun of shavegeeks.

1) We really do deserve to be made fun of. As fun, and good for our faces as all this is, it really is pretty funny to be this obsessive about shaving products.

2) Corey frequently notes his status as a member of the very group he likes to make fun of.

Yikes! I hope I didn't prop open a can of worms that can't be closed.

I guess I haven't read enough of his stuff to come away with that impression, but I admittedly haven't read anything older than a couple of months or so. I actually headed for the forums on his advice.

I've been reading him as a "Hawkeye" Pearce-type voice, kinda smarmy and sarcastic, and biting at times, but only to keep things from getting too serious, and generally it's all said in good fun. But in print sarcastic to one is easily interpreted as aggressive and obnoxious to another, so I guess I see where you're coming from. Thanks for filling me in.

Cheers,
Mike

moses said:
We really do deserve to be made fun of. As fun, and good for our faces as all this is, it really is pretty funny to be this obsessive about shaving products.

It is comical. I'm waiting for someone to make "The Road to Shaveville.":001_smile

Mike,

I agree with your take, but Corey *has* made some nasty comments about some individuals here, and I believe is making a similar swipe in the linked article here. Don't know why somebody with a national TV presence feels the need to snipe at our lowly level, but there it is.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom