What's new

First Few Shaves

Hello All,

I have been wet shaving for about a week now. At first i was not doing so well, with some areas still not smooth, and just overall choppiness. However, now that i have gotten the hang of if it, it is well worth it, and my face feels amazing.

I have been using:

Derby Blade
Derby Shave Cream
W/ a Gold Tech Razor

The blade was not too rough, and the cream seems to agree with me

How should i approach going over areas that are not as smooth as others? I go wtg 2x atg and xtg and the only problem area is my neck in one spot, should i apply cream and go over again?

My regular everyday shave is ***, xtg, atg, touchup. Theres usually a little patch with a bit of hair somewhere that ive missed with the 3 passes, so yep, i just put a bit of lather over the area and fix it up. Its the catch-cry around here, but do take the time for a good prep, it will soften things up so you might be able to avoid those rougher patches.

You might also want to look into blade buffing, sorta scrubbing the area so that the lather collected on the shave is pushed back over the area you just shaved (check out mantics video on advanced techniques). I had a problem where my 'goatee' area was always a bit rough, now i buff on the atg pass and its smoother than I know what to do with.

Do you have anything for post-shave?

Hope this helps :)

I apply some pre-shave oil to the spots that are trick before I later on my last pass. It also lets me feel to see how many wiskers are left. After my last apss if they are still there... I squeeze all of the nice hydrated lather from the middle of the brush and use that for touching up. I haven't tried blade buffing or J-hooking yet, I want to get some XP under my belt first :biggrin:

Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom