Thread: Proraso Pre/Post vs. Oils

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Proraso Pre/Post vs. Oils

First, I must say that I'm really enjoying this website (to the detriment of work )

I got a tub of Proraso Pre/Post the other day, and used it yesterday with all of my other Proraso products.

This morning, I used shave oil before my Musgo treatment.

I just wanted to get a sense from you worldly, experienced chaps -- if you're NOT using Proraso cream or soap, do you use the pre/post? I'm thinking that when I go to Lavender or Eton College or 1805, the scent mix-up could be jarring... any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I use the Proraso pre/post both as pre and as post, but not every day---for me, it's a "from time to time" sort of thing. If I'm in the mood, great; otherwise, no. OTOH, a friend uses it only as pre and uses it every day. Do what pleases you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

I think the pre/post is pretty useless pre, and mediocre post. To each his own. Oils are more or less useless as well. You can read about my tests here.
    -Scotto

Support B&B!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto
    I think the pre/post is pretty useless pre, and mediocre post. To each his own. Oils are more or less useless as well. You can read about my tests here.

I use the pre- too soften the beard more does it work I dont know, does it have an extra benefit , yes diddy, you will get the proraso chill effect when using cold water rinse after the shave which you wont when not using the pre. I used it with the Arko this morning would I use it with any GFT or T&H no I would not. I do not use it as post. if I do it will be a very rare occasion.

my 2 cents,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like to use Proraso Pre/Post as a pre-shave, if nothing else because it feels nice. I have a little container of the King of Shaves Shaving Oil that SWMBO really likes to use on her legs (she uses my C&E brush with SCS soap), but I find it more or less useless. I've also heard that the oil isn't great for your brush.
    Daniel
    Seattle, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I too like the pre/post (I have the sensitive variety), like others have said I'm not sure how much it does as a pre shave except it feels nice. As a post shave it cools nicely and feels like it moisturizes fairly well. I have an oily complexion so pre shave oils are usually a bad idea for me. Something you just have to try I think, I do use RazoRock pre shave soap and think it helps my overall shave and would recommend it over the others.
    - Marc, Cult of Arko, The Synthetic Shaving Brush Society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like to use the Proraso before my ATG pass, and I do seem to get better results when I do. Confirmation bias? It feels great, regardless.
    LEMS/BOTOC/COLD/BOBS/PAS/TOFLAC-U/Order of Pinaud

I dont have a comparison but I think its great product. I feel that slight improvement in shaving. Dont use it post cuz I have other after shave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwhamp View Post
    I like to use the Proraso before my ATG pass, and I do seem to get better results when I do. Confirmation bias? It feels great, regardless.
    Do you use it for every pass or just atg? Hmmm I might have to give atg pass a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the cooling of Proraso pre-shave but I tend to use it only with Proraso Green which, in turn, I use mainly in the summer. It seems to make for a better shave but I can't say for sure. For me it's mainly a bit of indulgence.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Images

Classic thread. .stands the test of time

Shaving
    scenes in movies and TV shows
    "I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can shave again!"

How to-Help videos for straight razor/DE shaving, how to post/insert pics, edit posts, start threads, hear B&B Radio interviews, and B&B
    Podcast too.